Photobucket 3-day outage angers users

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Marie
Certified Fan

Photobucket 3-day outage angers users

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:18 pm

3 days -- so far. It's still not fixed and appears to be spreading. eBay sellers are furious.

Last night they had Australia and Hong Kong restored -- but those servers crashed again this morning.

Strangely, the areas hit are all English-speaking countries. Could the Russians be attacking again???

Follow the progress (or lack of it) on this real-time Photobucket Outage Map:
https://downdetector.com/status/photobucket/map/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Photobucket 3-day outage angers users

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Here's PB's latest update. (I'm convinced they've been hacked but don't want to admit it.)

**SERVICE DISRUPTION UPDATE 12/21:

The majority of Photobucket Members are back online. We continue to work on getting all Members’ fully functional. We will report back as progress continues.

We apologize for the recent service disruption that you have been experiencing these last few days. We deeply regret that this happened and we are working around the clock to bring photobucket.com back online. First and foremost, your images are safe. Our number one priority is to ensure that your images are secure and we have several systems in place to make sure nothing is compromised.

We will provide ongoing updates as we make progress to finding the full solution.

What happened?

On Wednesday, December 18th we experienced a total power outage at our primary data center. Due to the abrupt nature of the outage, the equipment that runs the site shut down unexpectedly. The immediate shutdown resulted in systematic issues when the power was restored.

Unfortunately, due to this unexpected shutdown, we were also not able to rely on our backup data center resources.

What are we doing right now?

The process is taking longer than expected because the security we have in place requires additional processing time. Most importantly, our primary focus is to ensure your photos are safe and secure!

What are we doing to prevent these situations going forward?

We are in the process of migrating Photobucket to a more reliable environment. The environment will give us more stability and help us reduce these issues in the future. Once service is restored, our primary focus will be on moving your beloved images to this environment.

We understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Ted
CEO

https://photobucket.com/notice/news/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:47 pm

So many business affected by this outage.

I hope PB is as prompt in offering credits for these lost days as they were eager back in '17 to hold folks' images for ransom! (New management since then, so might be more customer-centered. We'll see...)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:45 pm

My Photobucket is working again!!!

For the first time since Dec. 18, 2019 my images are displaying!

Yay!!! =D>

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Can't get to my albums, even though I can login and upload and my images are displaying. Is it possible that they won't allow us to access our albums so we can't move them to a different image hosting service? Hmm... Just a theory. :-k

Meanwhile, Photobucket SUPPORT was down yesterday, LOL. That helps a lot, doesn't it? Image

-Marie-

Return to “The Lounge”