Kavanaugh: SCOTUS hearing surrounded by controversy

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
Marie
Certified Fan

Kavanaugh: SCOTUS hearing surrounded by controversy

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:58 am

Without a sufficient number of documents, how can the committee fairly judge the judicial record and philosophy of this candidate?

Senate Republicans have done everything they can to BLOCK relevant documents, both from the committee's view and the public's view.

They need to provide transparency, or ask for a different nominee if that's too difficult. Their tyrannical behavior in withholding relevant documents creates an atmosphere of distrust regarding the hearing process.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Badda BOOK badda boom

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 am

Cory Booker takes "committee confidential documents" matter into his own hands:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Kavanaugh: SCOTUS hearing surrounded by controversy

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Why these righties never want you to see their emails...

https://twitter.com/loril/status/1037776404941873154

Not sure what that means but if Kav were a Dem, Republicans wd turn it into a 2-yr investigation complete w/DNA testing.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:21 pm

The GOP is reacting to Christine Ford's allegation in typical fashion. This is what they stand for.

-Marie-

Frank the Crank

Postby Frank the Crank » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Will Democrats give credence to unprovable accusations when they are made against one of their nominees? I don't think so.
This whole thing stinks to high heaven and now it looks as if the accuser may not be willing to testify.

Frank the Crank

Postby Frank the Crank » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:10 pm

".........I can't say everything is truthful" Diane Feinstein when queried on Ford's allegation.
I'd love to see this blow up in their smug, self righteous faces.

BTW isn't it funny that HRC, wife of alpha sexual predator Bill Clinton, has been quiet on this matter.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Frank the Crank wrote:BTW isn't it funny that HRC, wife of alpha sexual predator Bill Clinton, has been quiet on this matter.

HRC will be interviewed live on Rachel's show tonight. No doubt she'll be asked for her thoughts on Cavanaugh, what'll you bet?

As to your despicable description of Bill Clinton, perhaps you're not aware that, on account of the impeachment charges, the FBI was tasked with investigating sexual claims of and about all "the women." In every case, the FBI-- our chief domestic law enforcement organization, with all of its investigative resources -- found their stories too inconsistent to be capable of being prosecuted. Not just past the statute of limitations, but too inconsistent to prosecute even if the statute hadn't run.

The FBI has the last word in the matter -- unless you're determined to continue to circulate lies about Bill Clinton. No matter how much you might wish it to be true, there is no credible evidence that he was a "womanizer" or in any way preyed on women.

He cheated on his wife. He was unfaithful and caused pain to his family, which is bad enough. His case is more similar to John Edwards' in that his relationships, while admittedly out of marital bounds, were 100% consensual.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Now, Frank, are you willing to wait until the FBI completes an investigation of Cavanaugh and Ford (assuming, of course, that President Trump gives the FBI the go-ahead to proceed with the inquiry), rather than simply dismissing it out of hand?

I double. Dog. Dare you.

-Marie-

Frank the Crank

Postby Frank the Crank » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Marie wrote:Now, Frank, are you willing to wait until the FBI completes an investigation of Cavanaugh and Ford (assuming, of course, that President Trump gives the FBI the go-ahead to proceed with the inquiry), rather than simply dismissing it out of hand?

I double. Dog. Dare you.

-Marie-
Marie wrote:
Frank the Crank wrote:BTW isn't it funny that HRC, wife of alpha sexual predator Bill Clinton, has been quiet on this matter.

HRC will be interviewed live on Rachel's show tonight. No doubt she'll be asked for her thoughts on Cavanaugh, what'll you bet?

As to your despicable description of Bill Clinton, perhaps you're not aware that, on account of the impeachment charges, the FBI was tasked with investigating sexual claims of and about all "the women." In every case, the FBI-- our chief domestic law enforcement organization, with all of its investigative resources -- found their stories too inconsistent to be incapable of being prosecuted. Not just past the statute of limitations, but too inconsistent to prosecute even if the statute hadn't run.

The FBI has the last word in the matter -- unless you're determined to continue to circulate lies about Bill Clinton. No matter how much you might wish it to be true, there is no credible evidence that he was a "womanizer" or in any way preyed on women.

He cheated on his wife. He was unfaithful and caused pain to his family, which is bad enough. His case is more similar to John Edwards' in that his relationships, while admittedly out of marital bounds, were 100% consensual.

-Marie-

Feminists have ignored WJC's predations because he favored their political agenda. The same goes for Ted Kennedy who is revered by the left as they ignore his sexual misconduct and his cowardly response after his killing of Mary Jo Koepeckne.
There will be no FBI investigation because there was no federal offense.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Frank wrote:Feminists have ignored WJC's predations because he favored their political agenda. The same goes for Ted Kennedy who is revered by the left as they ignore his sexual misconduct and his cowardly response after his killing of Mary Jo Koepeckne.
There will be no FBI investigation because there was no federal offense.

Wow, wrong on all 3 counts -- a TROLL TRIFECTA! =D>

First of all I've already informed you of the FBI's investigation of "the women's" claims during the run-up to impeachment. Said claims were adjudged to be without merit. Now, maybe you don't trust our institutions, but do you think the feds had a dog in that fight? Only Trump refers to our domestic and foreign intelligence agencies as "his"; historically these services come back with info that disappoints the administrations they accompany, they're often less than cozy with them. The FBI checked out the women's claims, and threw them out (the claims, not the women *LAFF!*) You'll have to be satisfied with infidelity where WJC is concerned.

Ted Kennedy displayed cowardice in the face of a serious accident, there's no getting around that. On that Day when we're all held to account for how we conducted our lives, he'll have to answer for it.

Now that the what-aboutism is out of the way, we come to the question of whether the FBI investigates would-be Supreme Court justices. And it's common knowledge that doing background checks of proposed officials falls under their jurisdiction -- as does lying to federal officials. Which IS a federal crime.

Okay, so I think that about covers it. Anything else I can help you with?

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Frank the Crank wrote:This whole thing stinks to high heaven and now it looks as if the accuser may not be willing to testify.

AHEM. She's willing to testify AFTER the FBI does its thing.

[READ THE STATEMENT HERE.]

Ball's in your court, Mr. President. Put up, or pull your nominee.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 pm

PS, it's Kav's buddy who's not willing to give evidence under oath. Any guesses as to why not?

-Marie-

Frank the Crank

Postby Frank the Crank » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 am

Marie wrote:PS, it's Kav's buddy who's not willing to give evidence under oath. Any guesses as to why not?

-Marie-

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... es/545729/

Frank the Crank

Postby Frank the Crank » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 am

Marie wrote:PS, it's Kav's buddy who's not willing to give evidence under oath. Any guesses as to why not?

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

"What-aboutism" won't help Kavanaugh

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Frank the Crank wrote:

LOL, I've vanquished all your arguments with FACTS, so you flounce off with yet a another swipe at Bill Clinton. I figured it was pretty much all you've got.

Here's a 411 for you, troll: bashing the Clintons is so last-century. It didn't help your party 20 years ago and it won't help your Supreme Court candidate out of this jam. Bashing the Clintons won't help Trump and his cohorts out of their legal predicaments. Bashing the Clintons won't restore our allies' confidence in this administration.

In short, there's no crutch Trump can lean on any more. He can either resign, or wait to be replaced with someone who meets the job requirements. Him, and this spoiled preppie twerp he picked for the high court. (Why does he insist on selecting people just like him??? #-o )

-Marie-

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”