Veteran reporter Leslie Stahl re Trump

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
Marie
Certified Fan

Veteran reporter Leslie Stahl re Trump

Postby Marie » Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm

President Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press 'to demean you and discredit you so ... no one will believe' negative stories about him

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trump-t ... ories.html

This is creepy. It reminds me of a story about a woman being tortured by a Nazi during WWII. The things that were done to her by a single operative who kept coming back to her cell day after day were grotesque. She asked him why he was doing those things to her and he told her it was b/c she was Jewish, and Jews needed to be exterminated. Then she asked the next logical question: "If you're trying to get rid of us, why don't you just kill me? Why take the time to commit all these inhuman acts?" And the Nazi answered, "I'm doing all the worst things to you that I can think of, so that if you live and try to tell people about what we're capable of, no one will believe you."

Make your own connections.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”