Sinclair local news propaganda script

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
Marie
Certified Fan

Sinclair local news propaganda script

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:40 am

Wiki sums it up nicely, so I'll just quote them:

IN MARCH 2018, CNN chief media analyst Brian Stelter obtained an internal memorandum sent by Sinclair, which dictated that its stations must produce and broadcast an "anchor-delivered journalistic responsibility message" using a mandated script. The promos contain language decrying “biased and false news”, and accusing unnamed mainstream media figures of bias. The script is written to sound like it's the opinion of the local anchors, despite the text being in fact a mandate from corporate management. At least 66 Sinclair-owned stations produced their own version of the message, with the first being aired on March 23, 2018.

The promos began to receive mainstream media attention after the sports blog Deadspin, as well as ThinkProgress, posted video compilations [click link below] featuring all of the promos being played simultaneously. The promos have been criticized as in regard to the greater political context of "fake news" in the media for media bashing, comparing it to the rhetoric of Donald Trump in regard to these topics. Sinclair maintains that its "must-runs" are standard procedure often covering a wide variety of issues such as news updates regarding terrorism and other public matters the company has an opinion on while remaining "committed to reporting the facts." After the compilations went viral, Trump responded to the promos on April 2, 2018, defending the company as being "far superior to CNN and even more Fake NBC, which is a total joke."

The instructions for the mandated promos tell an anchor to state:

I'm extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that [proper news brand name of local station] produces. But I'm concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one-sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media. More alarming, national media outlets are publishing these same fake stories without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the national media are using their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control 'exactly what people think'. This is extremely dangerous to our democracy... We understand Truth is neither politically 'left' nor 'right.' Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_ ... ity_promos

Link to compilations: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ons+-timex

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Re: Sinclair local news propaganda script

Postby RealInfoseek » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Marie,

Many PRC show hosts and programs are quite honest about PRC's "draconian" censorship.

Who'd thought our MSM or what Trumppet called the "legacy media," has been an echo chamber of Sin clair. They've also got us covered or exposed from face to anal ytica with alternatives. Where or who do we tune in to get news?

I know this might be unfair to the newcomers, but I'm going to stick with a handful of journalists and hosts with history I can track for the time being. Mika, Joe, Andrea, Wolf, Anderson, Christiane, some CGTN hosts, and a few others have been credible. The ones that had signed up with RT are lost cause. Peter Lavelle "was" pretty good, then there's the King. Too bad.

Who do you trust?

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Postby RealInfoseek » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Would you agree anything or anyone that has anything to do with Russia is disinformation or dis-informant?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 am

RealInfoseek wrote:Would you agree anything or anyone that has anything to do with Russia is disinformation or dis-informant?

It needs a dis-infectant.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Postby RealInfoseek » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm

It's way too late: Image

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”