Hopefully, Ohio will still be here tomorrow

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Marie
Certified Fan

Hopefully, Ohio will still be here tomorrow

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:44 pm

If we don't get washed away.

Summer storms in the middle of winter, complete with thunder,
what next! Image

Link to animated national radar: http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/ ... e_anim.gif

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Re: Hopefully, Ohio will still be here tomorrow

Postby proudliberal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:57 pm

A little unusual for us here, too; we normally don't get storms until late March or early April. Haven't had anything so far, but from what I've seen, we might be in for some strong winds & thunderstorms tonight. Hope things don't get too bad for either of us.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:14 pm

proudliberal wrote:A little unusual for us here, too; we normally don't get storms until late March or early April. Haven't had anything so far, but from what I've seen, we might be in for some strong winds & thunderstorms tonight. Hope things don't get too bad for either of us.

It's in your state now. What part of the state do you live in?

It's weird in Columbus because right now we're in a little keyhole in the storm. Heard thunder earlier and the wind kicked up, so I held my breath -- and nothing happened. 8-[

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 am

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:A little unusual for us here, too; we normally don't get storms until late March or early April. Haven't had anything so far, but from what I've seen, we might be in for some strong winds & thunderstorms tonight. Hope things don't get too bad for either of us.

It's in your state now. What part of the state do you live in?

It's weird in Columbus because right now we're in a little keyhole in the storm. Heard thunder earlier and the wind kicked up, so I held my breath -- and nothing happened. 8-[

-Marie-

I'm in the north-central part of the state, in Etowah County (it's shaped kind of like a bat). It's raining out & it's a little windy right now, but no storms so far.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:31 am

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:It's in your state now. What part of the state do you live in?

I'm in the north-central part of the state, in Etowah County (it's shaped kind of like a bat). It's raining out & it's a little windy right now, but no storms so far.

Same here. After the big build-up and what the radar shows, all we're getting is a light rain.

I hope it's not just lulling me into a false sense of security!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:34 am

proudliberal wrote:(it's shaped kind of like a bat)

LOL, it IS! Hanging upside down --

:lol:

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 am

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:(it's shaped kind of like a bat)

LOL, it IS! Hanging upside down --

:lol:

-Marie-

Pretty much describes most of the people around here: So batty they don't know which end is up! :lol:

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

It looks like the "eye" of Alabama.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Well, we didn't get anything too bad around here. A little thunder & wind, & a lot of rain, but not much else.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm

dejapig wrote:It looks like the "eye" of Alabama.

LOL, yeah I see it -- the state looks like a face in profile,
with Etowah County as the eye! :-)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:51 pm

proudliberal wrote:Well, we didn't get anything too bad around here. A little thunder & wind, & a lot of rain, but not much else.

We too were spared any serious effects. For once the lights didn't even flicker!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:58 pm

valentind02

Postby valentind02 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 am

proudliberal wrote:A little unusual for us here, too; we normally don't get storms until late March or early April. Haven't had anything so far, but from what I've seen, we might be in for some strong winds & thunderstorms tonight Box à Louer. Hope things don't get too bad for either of us.

But we do not know what season we are now. Our ozone layer is totally destroyed.

Return to “The Lounge”