Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:16 pm

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:Now bear in mind, that's just an impression I get from the fact that contributors don't seem to cross over very much any more. I find it limiting b/c some contributors are good on certain issues AND B/C CHRIS SEEMS ONLY TO KEEP DAVID CORN AROUND SO HE CAN SAY TO THE LEFTIE, "I THINK YOU'RE WRONG, DAVID," SO HE CAN APPEAR CENTRIST. >:

I wish they would cross over more. I also wish they'd use different contributors once in a while. I'm wondering if Comcast is trying to save money by keeping certain ones on retainer and having the hosts choose from that list, instead of letting the hosts go out and get experts on their own.

I wonder about that, too. But the trend had started before Keith left. What's different now is (apparently) contributors attached to specific hosts. So different from the way Countdown was early on, where the actual people in the news stories -- even kids! -- were invited on to talk about what they did or happened to them.

Unscripted and closer to the people is way better IMO than the phalanx of analysts who've taken the place of direct sources in recent years! (Jeff Zucker, if you're listening, this would be one way to make CNN different, more immediate and compelling, than what we're getting from your competition.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Progressive Media”