Blogging Countdown 1/4 #4: Next In The Dock

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 1/4 #4: Next In The Dock

Postby Trekkie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Keith Olbermann wrote:Mere hours after the Iowa caucuses reported in. Candidates started to flee. Most had only one destination in mind, New Hampshire. Our fourth story on the countdown tonight, the granite state stakes. The latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby tracking poll with Hillary Clinton in the lead in New Hampshire 32 percent, to Obama‘s 26, John Edwards‘ 20 percent. While John McCain had vaulted Mitt Romney 34 to 30, Mike Huckabee trailing at 10, but all that polling was done before Huckabee and Obama swept the board in Iowa last night. And the very same people, who gave Obama his victory there, could win him New Hampshire as well.

Independents which he won by a 2-1 margin over Clinton in Iowa constitute 45 percent of the electorate in New Hampshire. At least they did in 2004, while older voters who Clinton won more of, and women who rather who voted more for Obama than Clinton made up 54 percent of the electorate in 2004. Older voters who Clinton won more of last night made up only 11 percent of the electorate four years ago in the Granite State.

The stats not looking so favorable either for the current GOP leader Mike Huckabee. Evangelical Christians, who accounted for 60 percent of all Republican caucusgoers in Iowa last night, do not have nearly as large a stronghold in New Hampshire. But his win could prove be fatal to former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney‘s campaign, which had always counted on a strong showing in both Iowa and New Hampshire to help propel him to nomination.

Richard Wolffe joins Keith.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Return to “2007”