The NOW PLAYING Thread

SusieQ
Site Admin

Re: The NOW PLAYING Thread

Postby SusieQ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:18 pm

What a damn sexy voice this man has. :grin:

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Another sexy man to say goodnight to....

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Sappy??? Heck, I could slather my waffles and pancakes for a year with that song, girlfriend! :P

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Here's sappy :P
Heatmiser: Plain Clothes Man

miss you Elliott :cry:
"Rule 17: Don't turn your back on bears, men you have wronged or the dominant turkey during mating season."
- Dwight Schrute

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Bring back the Foldger's Christmas coffee.....Now!!! :-&

airliebird58

Postby airliebird58 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:14 am

Michael wrote:Airlie, you rock! :grin:

Ooo, thank you very much! :grin:
Keep your knees loose....

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 am

Aww, alittle nostalgia...
Archers Of Loaf: Web In Front
"Rule 17: Don't turn your back on bears, men you have wronged or the dominant turkey during mating season."
- Dwight Schrute

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:47 am

The fast version

And my version..with pics

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:09 pm

I've got teeth mittens, coffee breath, and bed head, and I just can't look at how beautiful these folks are right now this morning Mrs.D...good job on the editing. I thing I'll go call my hair stylist. :P

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:14 pm

:lol: You are fabulous Laura, bed head and all!

ShadowCell

Postby ShadowCell » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Now listening to: soundtrack from Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
Right-wing trolls who have tried to physically threaten me on the Internet: 3

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 am

Been thinking about this group and wondering if they ever found Licorice
after she wandered off into the desert and disappeared...

Incredible String Band: Mercy I Cry City

Hey, city, whatcha been doin'
All this time, whatcha been doin'
Who'd-a believed whatcha been doin'
Make such a ruin of you?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XXIs5nvU978&feature=related

-Marie-

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Marie wrote:Been thinking about this group and wondering if they ever found Licorice
after she wandered off into the desert and disappeared...

-Marie-

In 1974, she appeared onstage at a Scientology benefit in East Grinstead with Mike Garson, Woody Woodmansey and others, before moving to California and joining The Silver Moon Band. After marrying musician Brian Lambert, she later appeared with Robin Williamson with his Merry Band in 1977, as Likky Lambert she is credited on the 1977 album Journey's Edge, before joining Woody Woodmansey's band U-Boat. She and Lambert later divorced.[1]

Licorice has not been heard from since 1990, when her elder sister Frances reports receiving a letter which she says was 'certainly from Sacramento' — her last verified location.

There's some guy from England looking for her...maybe the Church of Scientology got her onto a spaceship :grin:
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=22424
- Dwight Schrute

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:05 pm

If she sang for a scientology benefit, it probably had to do with the musicians she was hanging out with at the time. Licorice was the emblematic '60s free spirit, Mules. She was the single person on the planet least temperamentally suited to join a cult since she moved around a lot, on impulse.

The way the story about her disapperance went was that she was visiting a group of friends in the SW, either AZ or NM, and sometime around dusk decided to go for a walk. She walked off into the desert and was never heard from again.

Since I don't know the date of that visit, I'm unable to determine whether that was in fact the last time -- or whether the letter came after that, and thus was the last time.

-Marie-

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:15 am

Marie wrote:If she sang for a scientology benefit, it probably had to do with the musicians she was hanging out with at the time. Licorice was the emblematic '60s free spirit, Mules. She was the single person on the planet least temperamentally suited to join a cult since she moved around a lot, on impulse.

The way the story about her disapperance went was that she was visiting a group of friends in the SW, either AZ or NM, and sometime around dusk decided to go for a walk. She walked off into the desert and was never heard from again.

Since I don't know the date of that visit, I'm unable to determine whether that was in fact the last time -- or whether the letter came after that, and thus was the last time.

-Marie-

I've been doing some snooping on the internets, It's an interesting case. I love a good mystery and of course I think Kurt Cobain and Elliott Smith were both murdered...according to an unoffical fansite of 'The Incredible String Band' Licorice had 'gone clear' which is a Scientology expression for completing their first level...It's actually been fun searching around and learning about them, Not having been exposed to much of the String Band, other than just reading their name in comparison to other Psych 60's groups...I'm not much of a sitar fan, but I can see their appeal...I'll keep searching around for reports...heres a good inquiry, There are alot of people looking for her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archiv ... hp/t-40373

A shrine site for her...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/ISB/likkie.html

An overview of the mystery
http://tomclohessy.blogspot.com/2006/12 ... orice.html
- Dwight Schrute

Return to “Music”