Fan Mail

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
goodgirl81

Fan Mail

Postby goodgirl81 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:51 pm

Hello!

I tried to write to Mr. Olbermann about a month and a half ago at NBC-TV, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY, 10112, but have not heard a thing from him. Is this still a valid address for him, or is there a better contact address out there? Also, I heard a rumor that he does not like fan mail. Is this true, and could it be the problem? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Fan Mail

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

This thread goes better under "Discussion," but to answer your question, the sheer volume of mail could be a factor in whether or not you get and answer and how long it takes.

From what I've seen, he reads his fan mail and loves it.

-Marie-

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:17 am

um Marie, don't we remember some um, crazy things happening as a result of "fan mail"? I hope you right about K.O. enjoying his fan mail, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't touch it with a ten foot pole at this point.

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:19 am

I wouldn't assume that because he didn't reply (for any number of reasons) that he didn't welcome and appreciate the supportive mail.
Put yourself in his shoes. Wouldn't you be happy to get (non crazy) fan mail?
-q

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:35 am

Stetchdogg -- that wasn't "fan mail" by any definition of the term. I remember his producer telling Michael last year that if a package wasn't ticking they'd accept it. The atmosphere around the place seems remarkably free of paranoia. :-)

-Marie-

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Ok, the one piece of "fan mail" was also sent to a bunch of other people in the news/making news whatever.... and another piece of "fan mail" wound up leading to that blog, full of information which should have not made it to print, anywhere... and it is the latter which I thought lead to the edict that there would be no response to fan mail in the future. But maybe times have changed back. I'm sure KO enjoys his fan mail. I just wouldn't be holding my breath for a response.

ShadowCell

Postby ShadowCell » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:25 pm

I don't know if fan mail that contains might-be-anthrax really counts as "fan mail."
Right-wing trolls who have tried to physically threaten me on the Internet: 3

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:13 pm

No, death threats don't count as fan mail. Sheesh.
Weird bloody poetry...I've been getting that. I don't think it's meant as either one.
-q

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Wait -- you're saying someone is sending you weird poetry???

-Marie-

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:16 am

Yes. A poet.
It wasn't written about me. It's a gift.
-q

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

Okay, I was thinking maybe they took one look at your av and went, Woo hoo! Glad that's not the case.

So, Goth poetry about KO, then?

-Marie-

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:00 am

That's what I said when I saw my avatar! I think she's the most amazing batgirl ever. She has an element of Art Nouveau poster art to her.
War poetry, very heavy.
-q

Keith's Aunt Bee

Postby Keith's Aunt Bee » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:04 am

stretchdogg wrote:um Marie, don't we remember some um, crazy things happening as a result of "fan mail"? I hope you right about K.O. enjoying his fan mail, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't touch it with a ten foot pole at this point.

Now wait just a cotten picken minute there..... all fans couldn't be crazy.... :P Why, my 79 year old grandma wrote him a couple of years ago telling him how proud she was to see at least one honest journalist still standing.

Well.... besides Stewart and Colbert.

And will someone out there tell Keith to return her promise ring she sent him....?

Thanx...
[smilie=pdt_piratz_19.gif]

~Aunt Bee
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain."

CapitalL

Postby CapitalL » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 am

Michael wrote:I think it is unrealistic to EXPECT a response from fan mail sent to a television show--that will be very rare to any show, not just Olbermann's. Spock really didn't write letters back to the Trekkies. :P

Leonard Nimoy wasn't particularly happy about the attention he got for playing Spock. Wrote "I am Not Spock" in response to all the Trekkie attention. Live Long and Prosper!

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:20 am

I recently learned from I-forgot-where-exactly that Nimoy used his Russian Jewish heritage as material for Vulcan culture. The Vulcan hand gesture, for instance was created by Nimoy, and it's a religious gesture of his people's, except cut in half. They did it with both hands together. I think there was a similar origin for "live long and prosper" as a blessing.
It might have been the Wikipedia.
-q

Return to “2007”