'New' 1997 Boston Market ad revealed!

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

'New' 1997 Boston Market ad revealed!

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Keith Olbermann releases never-before-seen 1997 Boston Market commercial
By Kyle Koster
ThBigLead.com
8/29/2018

THE YEAR IS 1997. The Hartford Whalers play their last game. Tiger Woods shoots 18-under par while winning The Masters. Keith Olbermann is a few months away from leaving ESPN for the first time. He is serving as the pitchman for Boston Market in commercials like this.

And this.

It was a simpler time. A hungrier time when the answer to all life’s problems was, in fact, to eat something.

Things changed. The sands of time moved through the hour glass. These spots were largely forgotten to history. Until last night when Olbermann blessed the world with this previously unreleased Boston Market footage.

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 8517020672

Oh, heck yes.

This is better than 85 percent of ads currently airing. I think I speak for all of us in hoping Olbermann and the rotisserie chicken-centric establishment can rekindle the magic for a new campaign at some point.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/08/29/keith ... on-market/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

StevenHW

Re: 'New' 1997 Boston Market ad revealed!

Postby StevenHW » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Thanks for sharing! I remember those two previous ones that Keith did for Boston Market; the one on the beach and the other indoors. But I never saw the mosh pit one before. And I'm looking forward to the other one, if a print or video still exists.

By the way, has KO ever done any other commercials besides Boston Market and ESPN's "This Is SportsCenter" and the MSNBC promos for his show?

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: 'New' 1997 Boston Market ad revealed!

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:49 pm

StevenHW wrote:Thanks for sharing! I remember those two previous ones that Keith did for Boston Market; the one on the beach and the other indoors. But I never saw the mosh pit one before. And I'm looking forward to the other one, if a print or video still exists.

By the way, has KO ever done any other commercials besides Boston Market and ESPN's "This Is SportsCenter" and the MSNBC promos for his show?

I don't think so. There was a PSA that he did for charity in the '90s which ticked off ESPN execs b/c it hadn't been preapproved, but it's never shown up on any website that I know of.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Keith Olbermann”