Russian interference probes - UPDATES

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
Marie
Certified Fan

Shouts of 'LOCK HIM UP' greet Flynn emerging from fed. court this a.m.

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. That's just a smidge of what Mueller has on him at this point, so he's clearly valuable to the special counsel's investigation.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Shouts of 'LOCK HIM UP' greet Flynn emerging from fed. court this a.m.

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Marie wrote:Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. That's just a smidge of what Mueller has on him at this point, so he's clearly valuable to the special counsel's investigation.

Response from a man who loved his job and will never forgive Trump for taking it from him:
James Comey trolls Michael Fllynn after guilty plea by tweeting his favorite Bible verse about justice

http://www.businessinsider.com/james-co ... ea-2017-12

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Russian interference probes - UPDATES

Postby Marie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Seems this is all to complicated for the avg grownup.

Hmmm... maybe the kids can grasp it..... :-k

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Roger Stone indicted and arrested

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 am

He has 7 fatal indictments.
And it only takes one.

Twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1088768277734662145

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Roger Stone indicted and arrested

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Today, John Podesta's schadenfreude could be described as momentous.

John Podesta: It’s Roger Stone’s ‘time in the barrel’
The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com

ROGER STONE'S NOW INFAMOUS PREDICTION involving John Podesta, a victim of the hacking campaign waged against Democrats during the 2016 presidential race, provided the latter with an apt response to the arrest of President Trump’s former election campaign adviser.

Mr. Trump’s longtime confidant and a member of his campaign through 2015, Mr. Stone was arrested Friday at his home in Florida early Friday in connection with a seven-count indictment related in part to the WikiLeaks publications.

“Rogers’s time in the barrel -- and it’s headed over Niagara Falls,” Mr. Podesta tweeted

In 2016, Mr. Stone used the same turn of phrase to jab Mr. Podesta. “Trust me, it will soon the Podesta’s time in the barrel,” Mr. Stone tweeted on Aug. 21, 2016, shortly before the WikiLeaks website began publishing emails stolen from Mr. Podesta, the chairman of former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Russian military officers hacked Mr. Podesta’s personal email account, among other Democratic targets, and obtained sensitive material subsequently published online during the 2016 race by WikiLeaks, including internal Democratic National Committee emails released in late July, according to U.S. officials.

In a court filing unsealed Friday, special counsel Robert Mueller alleged that “a senior Trump campaign official was directed to contact Stone” after the release of the stolen DNC emails and determine “what other damaging information [WikiLeaks] had regarding the Clinton Campaign.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... me-barrel/

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Roger Stone indicted and arrested

Postby Marie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:44 pm

This one's gamier than the last one, so view with caution at work:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dx83fNyV4AA8JkS.jpg

-Marie-

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”