Olbermann, Thursday 5/29/2014

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Olbermann, Thursday 5/29/2014

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Keith tweets:
At 1130 on ESPN2: as disastrous #RedskinsPride campaign backfires, conclusive proof emerges: team was NOT named to honor Native Americans.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Re: Olbermann, Thursday 5/29/2014

Postby proudliberal » Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Marie wrote:Keith tweets:
At 1130 on ESPN2: as disastrous #RedskinsPride campaign backfires, conclusive proof emerges: team was NOT named to honor Native Americans.

-Marie-

Actually, it started at 11pm Eastern on ESPNews; wonder why he didn't mention that? :-k Oh, well.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Late time switch to 11pm, which announcement I failed to see until it was too late. :x

So when's the re-air? Image

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Thu May 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Marie wrote:Late time switch to 11pm, which announcement I failed to see until it was too late. :x

So when's the re-air? Image

-Marie-

Okay, I guess he did mention it. :lol: I missed it, too.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Hmm... the posted sked says re-air at midnight on ESPNews.

Can I trust it?

And what choice do I have?

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Keith:
"Up next -- highlights from last night's Paley Gala, and a cheese-rolling race. These are separate events."
:grin:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Aw, what a rip -- I already have all those Paley pics. :-(

I want some new live action party clips! And a few snaps of the dogs! (No, not these.) Dogs are party animals!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Watching from the beginning now. WOW! That was some revelation about the origins of the name of [that Washington team]!

Tomorrow: Keith reveals fax from the leader of the creeps that attacked our embassy in Libya --

"Sick of these tasteless Western vids making fun of our religion. Tomorrow is 9/11. TIME FOR SOME TERROR PROBLEMS AT FORT BENGHAZI."

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Thu May 29, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 pm

And Dan Snyder gets a brief reprise of the opening segment -- as opposed to a reprieve -- in Worsts. He and his team keep shooting off their bazoos and getting clobbered.

To quote a favorite pc of advice from KO to ppl who insist on continuing after they've been decisively defeated: Mr. Snyder -- just stay down!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 29, 2014 11:50 pm

KO describes the cheese race:
"If you chase the cheese and you catch the cheese, then you get to cut the cheese!"

He really never did get past his sophomore year socially, did he? :lol:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:34 am

Not Named To Honor Native Americans:

The Social Media Director And Owner Dan Snyder Of Washington's NFL Team Are World's Worst In Sports:

Richard Justice On George Springer:

Richard Justice On The Atlanta Braves:

Richard Justice On The Struggling Red Sox:

Richard Justice On The Blue Jays' Hot Start:

Kendrys Morales To The Yankees? :

Richard Justice On The MLB Draft:

This Is Paley-Center:

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri May 30, 2014 9:01 am

I'm exasperated with these Washington fans: ever since Keith revealed that 1933 article from the Hartford Courant where it quotes Marshall saying he didn't name [his Washington team] to honor Native Americans, fans of the team have been tweeting him telling him he doesn't know his history and insisting that Native Americans don't object to the name, that they've used it to refer to themselves since time immemorial, etc., etc. But as Hillary would say, what difference does it make -- since proof now exists that the team wasn't named to honor Native Americans in the first place!

Once again we're dealing with hardheads to whom evidence means nothing when placed against their own desired outcomes. It scares me that these voters and potential jurors can blow off evidence and distort facts so easily, once they've decided how they want something to turn out. We might as well forget about journalism and election campaigns and trials and decide everything by popularity contest if less and less people are basing their actions on objective information any more. :-(

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri May 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:This Is Paley-Center:

That tie was really PURPLE!

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”