Keith to speak at Cornell on March 29, 2011

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Houndfan

Re: Keith to speak at Cornell on March 29, 2011

Postby Houndfan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 am

Marie wrote:AP has picked up the story & a Fox affiliate in Colchester, Vermont is carrying it!

http://www.buffalonews.com/wire-feeds/s ... 378997.ece

"Current has few viewers." Ha, just wait! >:

-Marie-

Have a great time seeing Keith's speech! Hope you're able to get some good pictures :grin:

winterbabe5

Postby winterbabe5 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:06 am

OMG! Those photos of Keith at Cornell are adorable! Marie, you are so lucky! :grin:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm

And somewhere in this crowd Marie is sitting. :wink:

http://twitter.com/#!/KeithOlbermann/st ... 1715668993

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 am

Slfriend79 wrote:And somewhere in this crowd Marie is sitting. :wink:

http://twitter.com/#!/KeithOlbermann/st ... 1715668993

The crowd was great! We were over to the right, in a section that didn't make it into that photo. Keith's sis Jen and her two children were sitting almost directly across the auditorium from us. There were no bad seats in that hall. You could see him from anywhere you were sitting and it has a cozy, intimate feel to it. A nice medium-size venue with great acoustics. I could even hear what Keith was saying while I was waiting in the hallway outside the auditorium while my husband was parking the car!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 am

Houndfan wrote:
Marie wrote:AP has picked up the story & a Fox affiliate in Colchester, Vermont is carrying it!

http://www.buffalonews.com/wire-feeds/s ... 378997.ece

"Current has few viewers." Ha, just wait! >:

Have a great time seeing Keith's speech! Hope you're able to get some good pictures :grin:

We both took tons; the question is, how well did they turn out? Tomorrow we'll download them to the computer and see if there are any that aren't a total blur. I'm guessing my husband's will be better than mine because he was sitting on the aisle and had a railing on which to steady the camera. (I considered balancing mine on the head of the guy in front of me, but in the end decided not to. :grin: )

I also wanted to jot down Keith's best lines, but was just too excited. What a reporter I'd make. Editor: "Hey, Marie, did you get that Olbermann interview?" "Oh yeah, we talked for about 45 minutes." "Great! Let me see your notes." "Notes?"

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:32 am

winterbabe5 wrote:OMG! Those photos of Keith at Cornell are adorable! Marie, you are so lucky! :grin:

I was lucky two ways. First, folks at Cornell helped me get tickets when I said we were out of town. Also, last night nobody made a big deal about our arriving after 6; they let us in with no problems.

Also lucky that my husband is an incredibly good driver, as we were really highballing it the last 70 miles to Ithaca. (I will never again trust the auto club's estimate of trip time; they were off by a good hour and a half on this one!)

The program itself was beyond words. It included a half-hour of funny anecdotes; another 30 mins of serious political thoughts; and an HOUR of Q&A with audience members.

Keith was incandescent when he spoke. And he interacts so comfortably with people that when a woman who is an anti-nuclear activist became emotional and began essentially making a speech, he gently talked her down, making it possible for the questions to go forward -- and reproved audience members who applauded when she finally relinquished the mic. He was at his absolute best with a couple of right-wing trolls who tried to put him on the spot, turning the tables them beautifully!

He was constantly moving back and forth across the stage, using no lectern or props -- just some notes for the second half-hour, which was a formal speech (the transcript of that section of the program is now posted on the FOK website). But when people handed him props, he was a master of improv! Someone passed him a recent article from Ann Coulter's Cornell Review, and Keith examined it for a moment while the water bottle in his other hand tipped, spilling water on the floor.

Keith laid the Coulter tabloid over the puddle like a paper towel and then tapped it with his toe, to soak up the water. He pronounced it able to absorb quickly -- unlike Ann!

There were so many wonderful moments in those two hours with Keith. I hope someone's uploading a halfway decent bootleg of it to YouTube as I write this!

-Marie-

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:24 am

Marie, I couldn't wait to get on the computer this morning to see if you posted anything. You don't disappoint! :grin:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 am

From what KO posted it was one heck of a speech he made last night. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_10

http://foknewschannel.com/the-cornell-speech/

=D> =D> =D> =D>

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm

scifibird wrote:Marie, I couldn't wait to get on the computer this morning to see if you posted anything. You don't disappoint! :grin:

Thank you, I wish I could have magically transported our whole group to Ithaca. It was well worth the trip. Keith had everybody right there (pointing to palm of hand). :-)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Nice write-up of Keith's talk by the Associated Press --
http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/ ... o_alm.html

-Marie-

winterbabe5

Postby winterbabe5 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

But Marie, you didn't describe the most important thing to me - How did Keith look? Is he as gorgeous as I imagine him to be in person? Does his sister look anything like him?

IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Postby IrishEyes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Marie, I'm so happy for you. It sounds like the trip was everything you hoped it would be. Can't wait to see the pictures. :grin:

Houndfan

Postby Houndfan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Marie wrote:
scifibird wrote:Marie, I couldn't wait to get on the computer this morning to see if you posted anything. You don't disappoint! :grin:

Thank you, I wish I could have magically transported our whole group to Ithaca. It was well worth the trip. Keith had everybody right there (pointing to palm of hand). :-)

-Marie-

Glad you had a great time. Hope some of the pics came out well as I look forward to seeing that too.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Wonderful! Thank you, SL! Be still my heart, gonna watch now! :grin:

Linda

Return to “Keith Olbermann”