Keith to speak at Cornell on March 29, 2011

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Keith to speak at Cornell on March 29, 2011

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 pm

The Cornell University Program Board (CUPB) is excited to present An Evening with Keith Olbermann (Class of '79) on March 29th at 6:00 PM in Bailey Hall!

Olbermann needs no introduction, but in case you're unaware, he is a writer and political commentator who until recently hosted the nightly program Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC.

Olbermann is known for his biting criticism of politicians and public figures and his on-and-off feuds with Fox News' Bill O'Reilly and conservative commentator and fellow Cornellian Ann Coulter (Class of '84). Whichever way you lean politically (or even if you don't lean at all), this is going to be a great show that you don't want to miss.

Tickets for this show are FREE and will be available only at the Willard Straight Ticket Office to everyone starting March 15th (2 ticket limit per person). Please note: as with past shows of this type, tickets will only be valid until 5:50 PM, at which point if there are any empty seats, they will be given to non-ticket holders on a first-come first-serve basis.

Don't forget to RSVP to the Facebook event, and we hope to see you there!

Don't forget to become a fan of CUPB on Facebook, and follow Cornell Events on Twitter for the latest updates from CUPB and Cornell Concert Commission!

http://www.rso.cornell.edu/cupb/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

winterbabe5

Re: Keith to speak at Cornell on March 29, 2011

Postby winterbabe5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Oh, how I wish I could go. I even went to MapQuest to see how far it is from me. It would take me 4 hours and 30 minutes to drive to Ithaca, NY. Ugh! Why couldn't he have graduated from NYU?

Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh to be able to go, but it's a 15 hour drive from Indy. The area to the N. and W. of Cornell are wonderful and the wine fab. The Indy Car racing at Watkin Glen not bad either. :lol: If anyone goes they will have to write a report for us.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I will go if I can get tickets. May be tough by phone; they probably honor requests of people at the counter before those phoning in, as those who are there in person are most likely students.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

winterbabe5

Postby winterbabe5 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Marie wrote:I will go if I can get tickets. May be tough by phone; they probably honor requests of people at the counter before those phoning in, as those who are there in person are most likely students.

-Marie-

Seriously, Marie? You are going? OMG!!!! I really hope you do so you can tell us all about it. I will live vicariously through you!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:45 pm

winterbabe5 wrote:
Marie wrote:I will go if I can get tickets. May be tough by phone; they probably honor requests of people at the counter before those phoning in, as those who are there in person are most likely students.

Seriously, Marie? You are going? OMG!!!! I really hope you do so you can tell us all about it. I will live vicariously through you!

My husband & I talked it over last night and decided to give it a try. I'm going to call the ticket office before the 15th and ask how good my chances are of being able to obtain tickets to a popular event by phone. If it's useless, or unlikely that I'll succeed, I want to know up front rather than beat my brains out for nothing.

But if I can get those tickets, I'm on my way to Ithaca!

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:37 pm

They don't even mention tickets by phone on the website... :-k
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 am

Philbert

You have never been to the Finger Lakes have you. Beautiful part of the country. Around the Lakes where the vines can grow reminds me a little of the Asheville area but then between the Lakes more like the Piedmont. Hasn't wine tasting become quite an attraction all around NC? I know they started growing vines soon after I left in 85.

BTW I said "Indy Car" Not CRAPCAR. If your in NC I can see why you equate rednecks with racing because of CRAPCAR or NASCAR. Those people are Rednecks and I don't go to the Brickyard to see them much less dirve 15 hours for a road course.
And they don't even run the full course at the Glen. Infact, I've driven more laps around the full track than those guys have.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:02 am

FREE Tickets for @KeithOlbermann available now at WSH Ticket Office! See you at Bailey Hall on the 29th of March!

http://twitter.com/#!/CornellEvents/sta ... 4118657024

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 am

Slfriend79 wrote:
FREE Tickets for @KeithOlbermann available now at WSH Ticket Office! See you at Bailey Hall on the 29th of March!

http://twitter.com/#!/CornellEvents/sta ... 4118657024

LOL, yeah, I was the first one they heard from this AM!

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am

Did you get tickets? [-o<
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

dejapig wrote:Did you get tickets? [-o<

No, the ticket office can't save them because it's open seating. So I'm trying something else.

Let you know later if it worked...

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Yay! It's for sure, y'all: we're going to Ithaca!!!

-Marie-

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh you're so lucky! Hope you have a great trip and let us know everything! :grin:

Linda

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm

scifibird wrote:Oh you're so lucky! Hope you have a great trip and let us know everything! :grin:

Linda

I will! (I'm already tripping!)

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”