Historical note: TYT off TV as of 8/17/2013 to make way for

Everything About the Young Turks because the TYT Army is too Strong!
Marie
Certified Fan

Historical note: TYT off TV as of 8/17/2013 to make way for

Postby Marie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm

..... Al Jazeera America.

Not sure if AJA is keeping any of the other current shows or not.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Historical note: TYT off TV as of 8/17/2013 to make way

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Marie wrote:..... Al Jazeera America.

-Marie-

Nope, they all went 'Bye-Bye' on Thursday.
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Sorry for the hosts on that fiasco they called a "news network". Otherwise, I say good riddance to bad rubbish!

In the meantime, Keith is returning to TV doing something that he's always enjoyed. :grin:
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:..... Al Jazeera America.

Nope, they all went 'Bye-Bye' on Thursday.

Okay, whenever. A brief ripple on the pool, and suddenly it was all "Welcome Back Qatar." ;- )

(TYT can still be found in the Internets, for them that likes it. Mostly I just enjoy Ben Mankewitz.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

proudliberal wrote:Sorry for the hosts on that fiasco they called a "news network". Otherwise, I say good riddance to bad rubbish!

In the meantime, Keith is returning to TV doing something that he's always enjoyed. :grin:

Someday someone's going to write a book about that exercise in futility. Like, it may have taken a couple of years after Dan Patrick left ESPN for the book Those Guys Have All The Fun to corroborate everything he said about the awful way the previous leadership had treated people, but eventually it all comes out. Fortunately most of those bosses have moved on, so here's hoping both networks will benefit from their respective executive turnovers!

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:Sorry for the hosts on that fiasco they called a "news network". Otherwise, I say good riddance to bad rubbish!

Someday someone's going to write a book about that exercise in futility. Like, it may have taken a couple of years after Dan Patrick left ESPN for the book Those Guys Have All The Fun to corroborate everything he said about the awful way the previous leadership had treated people, but eventually it all comes out. Fortunately most of those bosses have moved on, so here's hoping both networks will benefit from their respective executive turnovers!

-Marie-

Now I wish they would turn over the "executive leadership" at MSNBC (*cough*Griffin*cough*) and get things back on the right track there!
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:

Now I wish they would turn over the "executive leadership" at MSNBC (*cough*Griffin*cough*) and get things back on the right track there!

Anyone would be an improvement. Heck, the eTrade baby is smarter.

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 am

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:Now I wish they would turn over the "executive leadership" at MSNBC (*cough*Griffin*cough*) and get things back on the right track there!

-Marie-

:lol:

You know, I've been reading a lot from my followers on Twitter about the network's falling ratings, and how much they need to get Keith back. I know he said he needs to take a break from politics, and he'll no doubt have more fun at ESPN2 covering sports. But aside from getting rid of Griffin (and working out his new contract), I wonder what else it would take to lure him back to MSNBC, provided he decided to get back into politics at that point. Somehow, I get the feeling that he's not completely done with it yet.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 am

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:Now I wish they would turn over the "executive leadership" at MSNBC (*cough*Griffin*cough*) and get things back on the right track there!

:lol:
You know, I've been reading a lot from my followers on Twitter about the network's falling ratings, and how much they need to get Keith back. I know he said he needs to take a break from politics, and he'll no doubt have more fun at ESPN2 covering sports. But aside from getting rid of Griffin (and working out his new contract), I wonder what else it would take to lure him back to MSNBC, provided he decided to get back into politics at that point. Somehow, I get the feeling that he's not completely done with it yet.

My guess: he'll achieve all he can in the present gig, then cycle back to news (and as always, a little sports on the side) when this gets tedious or the environment becomes inhospitable. He's been switching back & forth between news and sports since he started out in b'casting. Does them both equally well!

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 am

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:You know, I've been reading a lot from my followers on Twitter about the network's falling ratings, and how much they need to get Keith back. I know he said he needs to take a break from politics, and he'll no doubt have more fun at ESPN2 covering sports. But aside from getting rid of Griffin (and working out his new contract), I wonder what else it would take to lure him back to MSNBC, provided he decided to get back into politics at that point. Somehow, I get the feeling that he's not completely done with it yet.

My guess: he'll achieve all he can in the present gig, then cycle back to news (and as always, a little sports on the side) when this gets tedious or the environment becomes inhospitable. He's been switching back & forth between news and sports since he started out in b'casting. Does them both equally well!

-Marie-

Yes, he does! And since his ESPN2 gig is up in mid-2015, that would be the perfect time for him to get back into news and politics-- right before Presidential primary season starts! I really missed his take on things during this last election. Who knows, maybe there could be a spot for him somewhere at ABC. That way, he could continue to do both without leaving ESPN, and maybe even use the same studio he's using for his sports show! :grin:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 am

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:My guess: he'll achieve all he can in the present gig, then cycle back to news (and as always, a little sports on the side) when this gets tedious or the environment becomes inhospitable. He's been switching back & forth between news and sports since he started out in b'casting. Does them both equally well!

Yes, he does! And since his ESPN2 gig is up in mid-2015, that would be the perfect time for him to get back into news and politics-- right before Presidential primary season starts! I really missed his take on things during this last election. Who knows, maybe there could be a spot for him somewhere at ABC. That way, he could continue to do both without leaving ESPN, and maybe even use the same studio he's using for his sports show! :grin:

But first, just to clear the palate -- summer stock. I'm thinking Sheridan Whiteside, in The Man Who Came to Dinner.

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Marie wrote:Okay, whenever. A brief ripple on the pool, and suddenly it was all "Welcome Back Qatar." ;- )

"Welcome Back Qatar" :lol:
I used to live there; drove by Al Jazeera at the TV Roundabout all the time.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Return to “The Young Turks”