Happy 10th Anniversary, Young Turks! Mediaite has details.

Everything About the Young Turks because the TYT Army is too Strong!
Marie
Certified Fan

Happy 10th Anniversary, Young Turks! Mediaite has details.

Postby Marie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Turns out Mediaite's Tommy Christopher has been a huge fan of Cenk's since his Air America days, and he posts this today, on TYT's 10th anniversary:

ONE OF THE MORE remarkable things about The Young Turks story is the fact that Cenk managed to collect a rather large family of contributors and crew along the way, and brought them all with him to Current TV.

I’ve been a TYT listener/viewer since they debuted on Air America in 2006, and almost all of the “family” members who were on the air then (with the exception of Jill Pike), like longtime co-host Ben Mankiewicz, Jayar Jackson, Jesus Godoy, and producer Dave Koller, and who were added since then, like Ana Kasparian, are on the Current TYT, along with a growing stable of contributors. It couldn’t have been easy to convince Current to bankroll such an expansive roster (especially given the network’s shoestring production budgets), but it’s that mixture of voices, and Cenk’s interaction with them, that gives The Young Turks its identity.

As part of their 10th anniversary show tonight, TYT will debut the trailer for an as-yet-untitled documentary about Cenk and the show he built. While it features the kind of high school yearbook-embarrassing cable access clips that you’d expect, it also promises a real-time glimpse into the behind-the-scenes wrangling over the MSNBC deal, and even less varnished opinions than those featured on the show:

As long as I’ve known Cenk Uygur and his TYT crew, they have had detractors who were, and are, sure they wouldn’t go anywhere. Some would joke that, at Current, they still haven’t gone anywhere. Everything is a huge success and a huge failure when it’s just getting started. However, if the last ten years are any indication, they will keep going, wherever the media currents take them, and they’ll be who they are.

Read FULL ARTICLE here:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-young-tu ... ary-today/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary, Young Turks! Mediaite has detail

Postby keithaddict » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 am

That documentary looks awesome, can't wait for it.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Return to “The Young Turks”