The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/2/12

Everything About the Young Turks because the TYT Army is too Strong!
keithaddict
Certified Fan

The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/2/12

Postby keithaddict » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Segment 1 - Cenk talks about Donald Trump's endorsement of Mitt Romney today, including a short interview with TYT Epic Politics Man Michael Shure about the question he asked Donald at the press conference. Then, Cenk interviews Scott Rasmussen of the polling firm Rasmussen Reports about Mitt Romney and the 2012 presidential election.

Segment 2 - Cenk interviews health care advocate Richard Kirsch about his relationship with the Obama Administration during the health care reform fights and the law overall.

Segment 3 - In the Media Watch, Cenk goes after CNN's Erin Burnett for regurgitating false GOP talking points in an interview with Senator Sheldon Whitehouse about his introduction of the Buffet Rule in specific legislation to the Senate.

Segment 4 - Cenk hosts the POWER Panel with Ryan Grimm of the Huffington Post, Ari Berman of The Nation, and Dahlia Lithwick; they discussed Republican efforts at voter suppression and to resurrect the racist Southern Strategy.

Segment 5 - Cenk interviews Gasland director Josh Fox about being removed from a House Committee hearing by guards yesterday.

Segment 6 - Cenk and Ana Kasparian ( PDT_Love_02 ) discuss major Komen for the Cure players quitting because of their defunding of Planned Parenthood, and Mother Jones pointing out that they're still donating to Penn State despite them being under investigation, which was the supposed reason for defunding Planned Parenthood.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/2/12

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Segment 6 - Cenk and Ana Kasparian ( PDT_Love_02 ) discuss major Komen for the Cure players quitting because of their defunding of Planned Parenthood, and Mother Jones pointing out that they're still donating to Penn State despite them being under investigation, which was the supposed reason for defunding Planned Parenthood.

God bless the press! It's very possible that the revelation of that inconsistency led to Komen's reversing their decision on funding PP today. I can't think what else could explain it.

(Keith quips, "I wonder if Planned Parenthood should respectfully decline, declare new policy that it can't be associated w/orgs under public scrutiny." ;-) )

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “The Young Turks”