A conundrum

Help With Anything technical Or Forum Related. Geek Squad on call.
Marie
Certified Fan

A conundrum

Postby Marie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:34 am

Here is something that has puzzled me for a long time: Why are a few Countdown transcripts "invisible" to Google, while most aren't?

Many Countdown transcripts exist on the Internet. You can find hundreds of them at Olbermann.org (the links still work) and you can also locate them by Googling a phrase from a given show.

However, in the case of some transcripts, even if you enter an EXACT phrase from the transcript with the phrase in quotes, the transcript will NOT come up in a Google search.

I have read that Google invisibility sometimes has to do with a brief flirtation website designers had with "frames," and that when a page is made up of frames, the search engine actually reads it as many pages instead of one -- so it can't decide which to show in a search.

Could this be the reason certain transcripts won't come up, while most will -- because the designers briefly changed how they composed them? Anyone know a way to get around that? Or any other reason why some transcripts won't show in a search?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: A conundrum

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Boo, MSNBC. 98% of their web decisions have been losers.

(For example, they've switched video formats 4 times, each time making older video links to vids they didn't convert inoperable.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Forum Help”