Cheongsam – The Beautiful Dress of Chinese Women

Links to Other Websites and Blogs
zhuce32

Cheongsam – The Beautiful Dress of Chinese Women

Postby zhuce32 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 am

The term cheongsam simply means long dress. In other areas of China including Beijing, it is branded as “qipao”. When the original Manchu rulers arrived to China, they organized some people, primarily Manchus, to become “banners’ (qi) and addressed them “banner people” (qiren), which then had become the name of every Manchu. Each Manchu woman normally wore one-piece dress also became known as “qipao” or “banner dress”. Although the Revolution in 1911 was able to topple the Qing or Manchu Dynasty, the dress of women was able to survive the political transformation and, with developments after, the dress has turned out to be the customary outfit for the women in China.

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Cheongsam – The Beautiful Dress of Chinese Women

Postby dejapig » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 am

I know this is spam, but harmless and somewhat interesting, so I left it but deleted the user. :grin:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 am

There are some lovely examples of that style in Google images.

I can't figure out what the purpose of the above spam is, since it doesn't contain any links.....

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 am

It had links, but I removed them in case they were harmful.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:20 pm

dejapig wrote:It had links, but I removed them in case they were harmful.

Aha!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Juliya

Postby Juliya » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:46 am

Cheongsam is my favorite.

UshaSleiman

Postby UshaSleiman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:46 am

I agree with Marie, how the post is spam even though it does not contain any link.
I never heard about Cheongsam term but I like long dress and love to wear long dress.

Marie
Certified Fan

Boll Moyers' Trump/Russia timeline

Postby Marie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 am

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Connections you may have forgotten over the years, or perhaps never even knew.

-Marie-

Return to “Other Places To Visit”