Doctor Who

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

It’s Official: ‘Doctor Who’s New Doctor to be Unveiled in Live Special Sunday on BBC AMERICA

By staff | Posted on August 1st, 2013

Who will be our next TARDIS traveler? The answer will be revealed this Sunday (August 4) on BBC AMERICA.

And here’s the official word, Doctor Who fans: the next Doctor will be revealed before a live studio audience in a special set to air Sunday, August 4 at 2 pm ET on BBC AMERICA, according to a release today (August 1).

The media alert in full:

DOCTOR WHO LIVE: THE NEXT DOCTOR SPECIAL TO AIR LIVE THIS SUNDAY ON BBC AMERICA

What:

The next Doctor of BBC AMERICA’s hit series Doctor Who will be announced during a live special this Sunday afternoon.

When:
Sunday, August 4, 2 pm ET LIVE on BBC AMERICA and BBC One in the U.K.

Who:
Widely regarded as one of the most hotly contested roles in British television, the special’s host Zoe Ball will unveil the Twelfth Doctor in their first-ever interview in front of a live studio audience. The half-hour show will include live special guests, Doctors old and new, as well as companions and celebrity fans. Current Doctor Matt Smith and lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat will both give interviews in the special.

Steven Moffat says: “The decision is made and the time has come to reveal who’s taking over the TARDIS. For the last of the Time Lords, the clock is striking twelve.”

Matt Smith will make his penultimate appearance in the 50th Anniversary special on Saturday, November 23, and his Eleventh Doctor will regenerate in the Christmas Special. Doctor Who is produced by BBC Cymru Wales.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... al-sunday/
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:51 am

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Peter Capaldi revealed as Doctor Who's new lead

Actor Peter Capaldi has been announced as the new star of BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who.

The Glasgow-born star will be the 12th actor to play the Doctor, replacing outgoing star Matt Smith.

He is best known for his role as foul-mouthed spin-doctor Malcolm Tucker in the BBC series The Thick of It.

"It's so wonderful not to keep this secret any longer, but it's been so fantastic," Capaldi said after the news was revealed on a live BBC One show.

The 55-year-old had been the bookmakers favourite to take on the role and had suspended all betting on the star on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23570354

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 am

Doctor Who 50th anniversary schedule revealed by BBC

The BBC has announced a raft of programmes to mark the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Doctor Who.

10 September 2013 Last updated at 20:45 ET

A 75-minute special episode called The Day Of The Doctor will star the soon-to-leave Matt Smith and David Tennant.

Smith said: "Hope you all enjoy. There's lots more coming your way."

Other highlights include a BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox on the science behind the hit show and the drama An Adventure In Space and Time, written by Mark Gatiss.

The one-off programme stars David Bradley - known to millions for his role as Filch in the Harry Potter films - as William Hartnell, who played the first Doctor in 1963.

BBC Four will introduce new audiences to Hartnell, with a re-run of the first ever story. The four episodes are being shown in a restored format, not previously broadcast in the UK.

BBC Two's flagship arts programme The Culture Show is to present Me, You and Doctor Who, with lifelong fan Matthew Sweet exploring the cultural significance of the BBC's longest running TV drama.

A 90-minute documentary on BBC Radio 2 will ask "Who Is The Doctor?" - using newly-recorded interviews and exclusive archive material to find an answer.

For those less familiar with the show, Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide will provide a handy primer.

Danny Cohen, BBC director of television, said: "It's an astonishing achievement for a drama to reach its 50th anniversary.

"I'd like to thank every person - on both sides of the camera - who has been involved with its creative journey over so many years."

Smith has already started filming his final scenes as the Doctor, which are due to air in this year's Christmas episode. His replacement, Scots actor Peter Capaldi, was announced in August.

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer on Doctor Who, said: "50 years has turned Doctor Who from a television show into a cultural landmark. Personally I can't wait to see what it becomes after a hundred."

CBBC will broadcast a show, 12 Again, bringing together stars to share their memories of Doctor Who.

They include the seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, Tommy Knight, who played Luke Smith in The Sarah Jane Adventures, Warwick Davis, who played Porridge in a Doctor Who episode and Louise Jameson, who was the fourth Doctor Tom Baker's companion Leela.

Blue Peter is launching a competition giving viewers aged between six and 14 the opportunity to design a new gadget that will become part of the series and Matt Smith will appear on the Blue Peter sofa to answer viewers' questions.

BBC Three audiences will be encouraged to get involved and vote in Doctor Who: Monsters and Villains Weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24038234

I have read this and other stories about the Doctor Who 50th anniversary and all I have to say is, if the remaining Classic Doctors aren't in the show... I will be SO P*$$'d Off. [smilie=pdt_piratz_31.gif]

And I don't mean having clips from Classic Doctor Who episodes CGI'd into the show [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_11.gif] . I mean the real life, 'Flesh & Blood' actors. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

They don't even have to play their Doctors, they could be given small cameo roles. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:23 am

Please sign this petition to turn the Empire State Building TARDIS blue on November 23rd for Doctor Who's 50th! [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

http://www.change.org/petitions/petitio ... doctor-who?

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Doctor Who - Gallifreyan Buccaneer:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:10 pm

BBC To Reveal A Number Of Missing Doctor Who Episodes

By Lizo Mzimba

Entertainment correspondent, BBC News

8 October 2013 Last updated at 09:41 ET

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.

BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.

It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.

A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.

The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

However, the majority of the episodes had been transferred on to film for foreign broadcasters. It is often these prints found in other countries that are the source of retrieved episodes.

In 1991, all four instalments of the Patrick Troughton adventure The Tomb of the Cybermen were discovered in Hong Kong.

The latest find comes as Doctor Who celebrates its 50th birthday. A special episode featuring the current Doctor Matt Smith and his predecessor David Tennant will be shown on the programme's anniversary on 23 November.

A raft of other programming to celebrate the long-running drama was also recently announced by the BBC.

Details of how fans will be able to watch the recovered episodes are also expected to be revealed later this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 am

Here are the trailers for the 2 found episodes. :grin:

The Enemy Of The World: Trailer - Doctor Who - BBC:

The Web Of Fear: Trailer - Doctor Who - BBC:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:44 am

Doctor Who Revisited - Tenth Doctor David Tennant Special Oct 27 On BBC America:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Tribute: "The Day of The Doctor" Nov 23 BBC America:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Doctor Puppet Episode 3 - The Doctor In The Garden:

Doctor Puppet Episode 4 - Smoke And Mirrors:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Vote For Your Favorite Matt Smith Doctor Who Episode:

Here's The Link To The Poll:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/ex ... r-episode/

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:27 am

Hashtag. What's A Hashtag? - #SaveTheDay:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 am

Strax Field Report - The Zygons:

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”