When will guys learn superficial comparisons don't get them anywhere

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Marie
Certified Fan

When will guys learn superficial comparisons don't get them anywhere

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:19 am

Insecure men who try to make themselves look taller by stepping on women they believe are helpless: this is how they always end up looking --

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/p ... 2c4a8dd8e2?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: When will guys learn superficial comparisons don't get them anywhere

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I have always been over weight. And even thought I try to eat health, don't eat breads and cutting down on sweets, I can't lose enough to be considered 'Normal' by the world. My mom 'Fat Shamed' me for years.... All it made me do is eat more. If people can't except me as I am, then that's their problem. =;
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm glad you overcame that destructive message, Slfriend. I'm sure your mom just wanted to help you, but we know more about the issue nowadays.

(Btw, I've seen your pic, and most wmn wd kill to look like you!)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Marie wrote:I'm glad you overcame that destructive message, Slfriend. I'm sure your mom just wanted to help you, but we know more about the issue nowadays.

If you mean this one, https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... tyILHes1Am , that's an old high school pic. you should add about 100 lbs on that and that's how I look now. :| ... But almost everybody say that except for a few gray hairs I haven't aged that much. :wink:
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:I'm glad you overcame that destructive message, Slfriend. I'm sure your mom just wanted to help you, but we know more about the issue nowadays.

If you mean this one, https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... tyILHes1Am , that's an old high school pic. you should add about 100 lbs on that and that's how I look now. :| ... But almost everybody say that except for a few gray hairs I haven't aged that much. :wink:

The link doesn't work; but like you, I picked my parents carefully; so while having put on weight, not showing my age that much. But it's coming..... :grin:

-Marie-

Return to “The Lounge”