To the power company, with love

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Certified Fan

To the power company, with love

Postby Marie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:52 am

DH was trimming our back yard tree over this past weekend and discovered the tip of a tree branch near the power co. drop wire. I called and left a msg for somebody to come out and trim it to avoid an outage. Hadn't gotten a response, so I called back this AM. Turns out they won't cut it. The greedy bastards want $150.00 to take the wire down and stand around while the arborist of our choice cuts the branch, and then the power co. puts the drop back up!

I said that's too much. She said that's the company's policy. I said to tell them where they can stick their policy. It's the dumbest thing I ever heard of, especially b/c it's irresponsible. It's encouraging homeowners to try and cut the branch themselves and possibly risk electrocution because they charge so much to take down the wire and also expect you to hire your own arborist on top of it.

So anyway, that's my cheery Wednesday morning report about life in America. [-(

You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “The Lounge”