Where are smilies???

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Marie
Certified Fan

Where are smilies???

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:18 am

Setting up a post just now, I notice the forum smilies list is missing.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Where are smilies???

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:53 am

Also noticing now that if the smilies folder is absent when I post, then coding for those smilies doesn't work in new posts. :-(

Did the forum hosting service move some stuff to a new server & neglect to turn it on again? They seem to make that mistake a lot.....

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

StevenHW

Postby StevenHW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:24 pm

How ironic. The smilies folder is missing just a week after World Smile Day, which was last held Oct. 7, 2016.

http://www.worldsmileday.com/

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:26 pm

StevenHW wrote:How ironic. The smilies folder is missing just a week after World Smile Day, which was last held Oct. 7, 2016.

http://www.worldsmileday.com/

Are they missing for you, too, Steven? I cleared all my caches and rebooted the browser, but I still don't see them.

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:04 pm

No clue where the smilies went. To the right of my post it says smilies are ON, but they're not there. I'll see if I can inquire...somewhere...
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:05 am

dejapig wrote:No clue where the smilies went. To the right of my post it says smilies are ON, but they're not there. I'll see if I can inquire...somewhere...

I think you just need to put in a support ticket. Once they know about a problem they have shown a willingness to look into it. I'd report it, but they'll only take support requests from the forum owner.

-Marie-

acanais82

Postby acanais82 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:50 am

Marie wrote:Also noticing now that if the smilies folder is absent when I post assurances deces, then coding for those smilies doesn't work in new posts. :-(

Did the forum hosting service move some stuff to a new server & neglect to turn it on again? They seem to make that mistake a lot.....

-Marie-

But there will always be an update or there will be more. In any case, we hope to see it.

Return to “The Lounge”