Please Post Web Links When Possible

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Please Post Web Links When Possible

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm

When making a post referencing an article you have read, or the passing of notable individuals, or a sports story or a persons blog... Please, Please, PLEASE also include a LINK to it.

It makes it easier for the members of the forum, instead of making them have to search the web for it and then not finding anything even close to what you originally posted about.

Thank You.
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Please Post Web Links When Possible

Postby Marie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm

I agree! Knowing the SOURCE (incl. the author) is critical to knowing how much credence to give the material you're reading.

Incidentally, if there's no link, a quick 3-step way to find the source of the article is
1)choose a unique phrase, or just use the title if it's fairly original
2) highlight and copy it
3) google it. (The first search result will usually be the original publication/website that produced the article.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “The Lounge”