The history Channel and 2012

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
WeReAllDoomed

Re: The history Channel and 2012

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Its a highly repetitive motif in history that people decide their age is to be the final one. Its a strange way to find meaning, to tell the story of your existence, I suppose. I thought "may you live in interesting times" was supposed to be a curse :lol: I'm glad times can be interesting without them having to be all end-y.

Also, fear sells, we love this shit - thanks History Channel! Thank god we don't have to worry about the deficit. That's the reality - the problems we actually face are complicated and can appear insurmountable. Please, let's have an asteroid, a fulfilled prophesy, a red beast bearing many magnets - anything to save us thinking about unemployment... :-(
Those are the headlines...god I wish they weren't.

FrankB

Postby FrankB » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 pm

I'll bet anybody $50,000 that the world won't end in 2012. I'll give you 20 to 1 odds. Any takers?

Karl

Postby Karl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm just looking forward to 2013.

If every single prophet in history said the world would end before that, well, every prophet in history will be proved wrong. Along with the tons of people that believe in it.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:44 am

Michael wrote:1. What in the world was that doing on the history channel?

2. Who did something that badly? . . .
Yeah, I bet it was heavily larded with portentious music, too.

It's the subliminal production values that bug me about those shows.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “The Lounge”