On a lighter note

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

On a lighter note

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 pm

http://woooha.com/2009/07/video-b-boyin ... -water-ad/
Have you guys seen this commerical. It is worth watching. We need more commericals like this.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: On a lighter note

Postby Marie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Holy crap, how did they do that??? That's amazing!

(Speaking of babies, I love the eTrade babies. Lindsey's a milkaholic, LOL.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Marie wrote:Holy crap, how did they do that??? That's amazing!

(Speaking of babies, I love the eTrade babies. Lindsey's a milkaholic, LOL.)

-Marie-

Wish I could say I liked that one, but I don't. The first time I saw it, I thought of L. Lohan, not sure of the spelling of her name. That commerical is too grown-up for babies. This one has good music and the looks on their faces is priceless!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:08 pm

I admit the eTrade ones aren't for everyone. A baby talking like Bruce Willis just tickles me, though. :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Marie wrote:I admit the eTrade ones aren't for everyone. A baby talking like Bruce Willis just tickles me, though. :-)

-Marie-

Good voice, but way too much grown-up talk. We treat our children like grown-ups when they are small and turn around and treat them like small babies, when they are 21 and older. When our children turn 21 and we put them outside the door and you don't hear crying on the other side, then you have done your job, but if you do hear crying, you've done something Wrong!
I've seen some commercials where the children are talking to the parents like the parents are morons. My mouth drops, like that would be the day mine talked to me like that. Same with the commericals that make women look stupid.

They could really make this commerical cute, if they tried.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:37 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:
Marie wrote:I admit the eTrade ones aren't for everyone. A baby talking like Bruce Willis just tickles me, though. :-)

-Marie-
Good voice, but way too much grown-up talk. We treat our children like grown-ups when they are small and turn around and treat them like small babies, when they are 21 and older. When our children turn 21 and we put them outside the door and you don't hear crying on the other side, then you have done your job, but if you do hear crying, you've done something Wrong!
I've seen some commercials where the children are talking to the parents like the parents are morons. My mouth drops, like that would be the day mine talked to me like that. Same with the commercials that make women look stupid.

They could really make this commercial cute, if they tried.
I absolutely agree with you when such behavior occurs within stories -- comedy or drama. Sets a bad example for sure. But I think a commercial that talks about stuff kids aren't interested in (investments) will just go over their heads.

It's the absurd juxtaposition that makes them subversive and fun for me.

-Marie-

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 pm

When I was in England, the only thing I watch on TV was their commericals. They were just so funny. Even my girls would just sit and laugh. I hate Wall Street so much, I even hate it when they talk about trading or say they are there to help you choose the right way to go! Ya like I would trust these people with my life.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Michael wrote:BrooklynBilly has worked all his life for Wall Street. :P

Can't help him there! :whistle:
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Return to “The Lounge”