Introduce yourself

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
RareBird
Certified Fan

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby RareBird » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Michael wrote:Hey Jim! I used to live up the road from you a bit, in Hampton, VA, as Susie Q Still Does. Welcome!

Thanks Michael. I'm so glad I found this forum. It's at least a little outlet for the outrage of losing Keith and Countdown.

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 am

I can't believe I've been posting since August and just found this section! (Plus I was a lurker for a couple of years before I joined!)
I'm Linda, a baby-boomer, born and raised in South Philly and knew at a young age if i stayed there i would die young, raging liberal, widow, have a 26 year old daughter going for her master's in communication, 21 year old son electrical engineering student who won a full scholarship to UDEL, both amazing kids who lost their dad and my best friend 7 years ago. I've been an avid birder for 30 years and our one acre property is a Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat by National Wildlife Fed. I'm also an avid animal rights/environmental advocate and a vegetarian. My avatar is Pale Male, the famous red-tailed hawk in New York City, whom I finally got to see in person as a birthday gift from my sister and daughter. Boy is Central Park cold in December! When Countdown started, I looked in and was immediately hooked. I knew I had found "my political voice." Can't wait for "my voice" to come back! :grin:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 pm

scifibird wrote: Boy is Central Park cold in December! When Countdown started, I looked in and was immediately hooked. I knew I had found "my political voice." Can't wait for "my voice" to come back! :grin:

Linda, did you ever meet Keith's fav tree, "Stan," in Central Park?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Marie wrote[quote][/quote]

At the time I went there, Marie (Dec. 2009), I didn't know about Stan. The first I heard of "him" was I think in one of Keith's tweets not too long ago. I wish I had known about him earlier! I'm sure I will go back at some time in the future to see Pale Male again (it's only a two-hour bus ride from me - I'm a few miles north of Philadelphia) and I will look for "Stan" - do you know his location in CP? I'd love to get a photo of me standing in front!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 pm

scifibird wrote:
Marie wrote:
scifibird wrote: Boy is Central Park cold in December! When Countdown started, I looked in and was immediately hooked. I knew I had found "my political voice." Can't wait for "my voice" to come back! :grin:

At the time I went there, Marie (Dec. 2009), I didn't know about Stan. The first I heard of "him" was I think in one of Keith's tweets not too long ago. I wish I had known about him earlier! I'm sure I will go back at some time in the future to see Pale Male again (it's only a two-hour bus ride from me - I'm a few miles north of Philadelphia) and I will look for "Stan" - do you know his location in CP? I'd love to get a photo of me standing in front!

No, I was just kidding w/ the question -- just wondered if you'd seen that tweet. :-)

I bet he likes to go there alone and commune with nature and recharge his batteries. So he probably won't say.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

shablon

Hi, I am shablon

Postby shablon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 am

Alex, first name. Liberal to the core. I completely reject the Official version of the happenings on Sept. 11 2001. I consider that a conspiracy of massive proportions is responsible for 911, and like Latin judge said: "Cui Bono" (who benefited) that is who is responsible for 911! Tolerance is my middle name and amongst my close friends I count people of all faiths and political persuasions. We can differ, but we can still be friends!

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome, Alex! :wave

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of support for 9/11 conspiracy theories here. I personally don't believe there was anyone smart enough to plan and carry out such a conspiracy.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

shablon

Postby shablon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Yep them Zundapp engines beat anything that JewSA can make nowdays

RICARDO

Postby RICARDO » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:00 am

Retired liberal:
Married to my first wife for over 46 years. She won't let me look for #2.
5 kids, 4 girls (now women) and 1 boy (man)
6 grand kids
First child, Rennae, living with us. Severely handicapped. First of millions affected by social program cutbacks. This has been her and our fates since day one. Instead of bombers, tanks and ships delayed or stopped, you know the rest.
We have always been part of the GREAT 47%. Without us, costs for basic items would be very expensive.
All I can say is, "Fuck the Tea Party and their self righteous ideology!"
The former administration should all be in jail, along with all the people in congress that voted for the Bush wars.
Any more of my rants would be meaningless.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 am

Welcome to the forum, RICARDO! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 am

Hi, Ricardo, glad you found us. :-)

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Welcome, Ricardo! :wave
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Postby IrishEyes » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 am

Welcome to the forum, Ricardo.
And feel free to rant away. It's good for the soul.

Othervoice

New To The Keith Olbermann Forum

Postby Othervoice » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi I'm Othervoice and I'm new to the forum.

I like reading and listening to music. At the moment I'm reading The Liberal Answer To The Conservative Challenge by Eugene McCarthy. McCarthy was a United States Senator from Minnesota and a candidate for 1968 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Noted for his opposition to the Vietnam War McCarthy was a thoughtful and known for intellect. He wrote the book I'm reading in 1965. As for my taste in music they are somewhat old school and eclectic. I like stuff from O'Jays, Delfonics, and Bread in the 1970s to Alicia Keyes and Cold Play now. I also enjoy Jazz music from the late 1940s thru the 1960s.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: New To The Keith Olbermann Forum

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum. :wave

I un-announced your post and merged it with our 'Introduce Yourself' thread, as it was just you introducing yourself and not an announcement that affects the forum. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Return to “The Lounge”