Introduce yourself

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
LeptisMagna

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby LeptisMagna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:41 am

Thank you Susie!
"I'd rather be despised for my character than liked for my lack of it."

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 am

LeptisMagna wrote:I forgot to drop by this thread, sorry people!

I'm Khadija, 31 years old, Tunisian, Futurama-Family Guy-American Dad-books- dark chocolate addict, discovered Countdown and K.O around a month ago and here I am!

Khadija what a pretty name... what does Khadija it mean? Is there one?

I love dark chocolate also, the more bitter it is the more I Luv IT!!! I'm a big coffee freak too.
Are you married? Do you have children are you a profesional?

Me: I'm comming up on my 20th wedding anniversary and have one son he's 11 and precosous.. But aren't they all at 11? I work full time in an engineering company and my husband is semi retired.
We both are big KO fans. And Rachel is pretty happening also.

JennyB

Phisher1988

Postby Phisher1988 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:11 am

Hey I'm Dan From NJ....Been a Keith Fan since the 2008 Election, barely ever go on forums but glad to get on this one!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 am

Welcome, Dan!
(Look in your PMs, I sent you a msg. :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 am

Welcome to the forum, Dan! Our JennyB is also from Joisey. If you don't mind saying, where in NJ are you?
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 am

Phisher1988 wrote:Hey I'm Dan From NJ....Been a Keith Fan since the 2008 Election, barely ever go on forums but glad to get on this one!

Hey Dan, I'm down the Shore where everything's alright in the Asbury Park neighborhood....

Phisher1988

Postby Phisher1988 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 am

Awesome, I live about an hour from Asbury Park around the Princeton area of Jersey.

LeptisMagna

Postby LeptisMagna » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 pm

JennyB wrote:
LeptisMagna wrote:I forgot to drop by this thread, sorry people!

I'm Khadija, 31 years old, Tunisian, Futurama-Family Guy-American Dad-books- dark chocolate addict, discovered Countdown and K.O around a month ago and here I am!

Khadija what a pretty name... what does Khadija it mean? Is there one?

I love dark chocolate also, the more bitter it is the more I Luv IT!!! I'm a big coffee freak too.
Are you married? Do you have children are you a profesional?

Me: I'm comming up on my 20th wedding anniversary and have one son he's 11 and precosous.. But aren't they all at 11? I work full time in an engineering company and my husband is semi retired.
We both are big KO fans. And Rachel is pretty happening also.

JennyB

Apparently it means a premature baby and a shy girl ( really old Arabic name) go figure :lol:

Coffee freak too myself :D.Not married no and no children ( I doubt I want to bring any human being into this stupid world) and I work as an office assistant and a translator :)

LeptisMagna

Postby LeptisMagna » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh and welcome to you Jenny and you too Dan!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm

LeptisMagna wrote:Apparently it means a premature baby and a shy girl (really old Arabic name) go figure :lol: . . .

I was doing a little research and it confirms what you said, but some websites also add that Khadija (sometimes spelled Khadijah) was the name of Mohammed's first wife, who (like Jesus' mother, Mary, in Christianity) was the first to accept the new teaching. So the name has also taken on the meaning of "ahead."

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

LeptisMagna

Postby LeptisMagna » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Marie wrote:
LeptisMagna wrote:Apparently it means a premature baby and a shy girl (really old Arabic name) go figure :lol: . . .

I was doing a little research and it confirms what you said, but some websites also add that Khadija (sometimes spelled Khadijah) was the name of Mohammed's first wife, who (like Jesus' mother, Mary, in Christianity) was the first to accept the new teaching. So the name has also taken on the meaning of "ahead."

-Marie-

Really? that's good then :lol:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

LeptisMagna wrote:
Marie wrote:

Really? that's good then :lol:

I would say so!

Most parents choose their kids names based on how they sound, anyway. Melissa is very popular name and it means a bee. :grin:

-Marie-

LeptisMagna

Postby LeptisMagna » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Marie wrote:I would say so!

Most parents choose their kids names based on how they sound, anyway. Melissa is very popular name and it means a bee. :grin:

-Marie-

Now that's a lovely name <3

janwolfbauer

Postby janwolfbauer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm the new/old jan wolfbauer. I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks out! I had to register again because my Id and password would not work!!! THE NEW PASSWORD WOULD NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't get my picture back and I'm on a new computer, which I hate! ](*,) Michael I would like all my old stuff back PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT THAT KEITH IS LEAVING COUNTDOWN ](*,)
jwolfbauer

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi folks. My name is Jim. I'm a transplanted native New Yorker living in red state Virginia (Virginia Beach). Been here a year after 54 in NYC. I miss Keith.

Return to “The Lounge”