New York's anti-idling law should be copied across the country

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
Marie
Certified Fan

New York's anti-idling law should be copied across the country

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:48 pm

It makes me crazy, the way large trucks parked along the street sit there idling while the driver scribbles on a clipboard, or eats his lunch because it's between noon and one PM. He doesn't have an assignment in your neighborhood, he's just looking for a place to hang out for an hour. So you get the earth tremors and the diesel exhaust til you're sick to your stomach, while he obliviously enjoys his sandwich.

This sort of thing is happening less and less in NYC, thanks to its anti-idling law. The law also is being given a boost by a determined crusader. Read on...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ution.html

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Footman

Re: New York's anti-idling law should be copied across the country

Postby Footman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

This got me riled up so many times lol. Can't believe we need legislature for this, but we obviously do...

Return to “The Lounge”