KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:06 am

The Most Deplorable Thing Trump Has Done Yet

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:37 pm

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest On The Sanity Of Trump

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

KO interviews Josh Earnest on 'The Closer'

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest On The Sanity Of Trump

What a great "get" for Keith! The complete interview airs tomorrow -- can't wait! Here's a publicity still (Sal Mineo WAS at the interview!:-)

And incidentally, just a great conversation with @PressSec Josh Earnest today. Posting in its entirety tomorrow. #TheCloserGQ
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 8812291074

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Great to see Keith hasn't lost any of the old fire....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:50 am

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest On The Debate And The Stakes Of The Race

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:04 pm

I like the Comments but I hope Keith also works in some more interviews. He knows how not to interrupt when the interviewee is warming up to a subject!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 am

Trump Supporters Are Now Blaming Their Racism On Obama

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: 'The Closer' premiers to rave reviews!

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:36 pm

One more rave, from the Local Express, Canada --

Olbermann takes on Trump on the web
By Tim Arsenault
localexpress.ca
9/23/2016

IT SHOULDN'T BE surprising to click on videos from the website of GQ and see a man in a nice three-piece suit. It seems a little lacking in context, though, when one of those guys repeatedly lays out passionately logical arguments for why Donald Trump is the “national shame” of the United States, rather than why wearing white after Labour Day no longer warrants the death penalty.

The Internet version of the magazine for America’s well-dressed men recently started giving shelter to Keith Olbermann, one of the Republican presidential candidate’s most ardent detractors. Many people are saying they don’t care for Trump; as far as I know, only the veteran broadcaster has gone as far as happily ditching his apartment in a Trump-branded building at a loss.

“I'M FREEEEEEEEE!” Olbermann tweeted in July.

“It's no longer my @RealDonaldTrump Apartment! I got out with 90% of my money and 100% of my soul!”

Twitter had been the political and sports commentator’s most potent weapon against the candidate until GQ premiered The Closer with Keith Olbermann on Sept. 13. He may not technically be banned from TV, but it kind of feels that way.

The Closer was initially thought to be served in biweekly bites, but it’s taken Olbermann just 11 days to produce seven essays and an interview with Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary. Most are about six minutes or so long, but the first, precisely titled 176 Reasons Donald Trump Shouldn’t Be President, is about three times that. The production values are a modest improvement on most hostage videos -- there aren’t even any ferns -- but they are getting better. Olbermann delivers his pieces seated behind a desk, recalling the opening of his most recent ESPN series, which ended last year, but the bright lights of Times Square aren’t blinking in the background.

Whatever. It’s the words that will whip up the hits anyway. You know how Trump went on The Tonight Show to playfully get his hair ruffled by Jimmy Fallon? Olbermann is doing the opposite of that.

That’s not to say that viewers of The Closer won’t get a rueful chuckle, or that Olbermann is oblivious to the merits of entertainment. But when he goes off on Trump in episode 6 for his poorly disguised encouragements of violence against rival Hillary Clinton, the host’s righteous indignation is palpable.

However, the response is considered, not knee-jerk. Olbermann always does his research, whether he’s opining on baseball or his country’s addiction to political assassination. Having bounced around MSNBC, Current TV and ESPN, gathering controversy and suspensions along the way, Olbermann likely looks to some people as though he can’t hold a job. It seems more likely that his tendency to speak truth to power is not appreciated by his higher-ups. But if it takes a former Sportscenter anchor to teach critical thinking, so be it.

Two of the U.S. networks are going to get viewers in the mood for the presidential debate Monday night by running The Voice and Dancing With the Stars, with a half-hour set aside later for post-audition analysis. I have a hunch one of the best takes will be online Tuesday.

To that end, Olbermann had a promise for gq.com visitors appended to his Earnest interview. “For our next edition of The Closer we will return to the normal format, wherein I will continue to pour boiling oil on Donald Trump.”

So, nothing about how it’s time to pack up the seersucker, then?

https://www.localxpress.ca/columns/wide ... web-421865

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Here's a page where you can find all the videos, in order of release.
http://video.gq.com/series/the-closer-w ... -olbermann

Keith tweets that the first 6 clips have exceeded 6-million views!
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 3819796480

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Wrapping himself in Old Glory? Heck yeah! Republicans don't frickin' OWN the flag!

(I painted out the studio equipment in the orig. photo.)

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:27 am

74 Terrible Things Donald Trump Has Done...This Month

Marie
Certified Fan

LIVE! KO debate cvg followup 9/27 on Facebook

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 pm

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: LIVE! KO debate cvg followup 9/27 on Facebook

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Go here to watch the post-debate discussion (it's a little over 1/2-hour):
https://www.facebook.com/gq/videos/vb.7 ... =2&theater

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am

Why Trump’s Russian Connection Is A Big Problem

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:26 am

About That Other Wall Trump Might Build

Return to “Keith Olbermann”