The whole story of how Keith came to support injured dogs

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The whole story of how Keith came to support injured dog

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Re-tweeted by Keith: <3

Baseball's back and now at the plate -- it's your local shelter.

For every home run hit during Opening Day games this April, we’ll make a $1,000 Merrick food donation to a local animal shelter. That’s one shelter for every homer!

Here’s how it works:
-Nominate your favorite shelter or pet rescue. Tell us their name & why they deserve a donation.
-Cheer on your home team to hit it out of the park at their home opener. Opening Day game dates are April 5, 6, 9, 10, and 13. Let’s rack up some runs for shelter pets!
-Invite your friends to vote for your shelter to receive a Merrick donation. Later this month, we’ll tally up the dingers. The shelters with the most votes will get a special food delivery from Merrick.

It’s time to play ball… because every pet deserves a naturally healthy, all-American meal!

Nominate your local shelter here:
https://www.facebook.com/merrickpetcare ... 703&rest=1

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Keith addressing the crowd via the Jumbo-Grumbo-tron on El Paso Chihuahuas
Opening Day --

https://twitter.com/BobMooreNews/status ... 2447354880

Note he's in the studio whence the show airs... Wish we could've listened in. Image

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:41 pm

^Here's his address, but I still can't listen in because there's NO SOUND. :-(

Strange... I can hear all the rest of the clips that the team posted perfectly...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=882953661764197

He looks nice, though.

UPDATE: Discovered a workaround! I plugged the hallway speakers into the computer and it played nicely! (both in the hallway and in the room where the computer is; so I had whole-house Keith!) =D>

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 am

I'd take this lady -- and her sister -- in a minute. So pretty!

http://www.fthar.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=8498408

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Heart puppy!

The somewhat mis-named Zip has a heart condition and needs to take it slow.
But he certainly does have the the appropriate marking on his side --

http://www.fthar.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=8490561

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The whole story of how Keith came to support injured dogs

Postby Marie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 pm

From Keith:
Keep your fingers crossed tomorrow for Marx, rescue dog who undergoes donation-funded surgery: http://j.mp/1WvdNMk

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 pm

^ Been waiting all day for news of how things went...

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Good news re Marx!
UPDATE 4: The surgery was a success! He's a little disgruntled about whatever the hell happened to his hip and WTF this thing is on his head...... but otherwise he's doing just fine! ;)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Hey, look, it's Marie!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

KO auctions ESPN2 inaugural leather jacket for the love of dogs

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Even though it still fits!

LOT DESCRIPTION:

Though it is far from the most expensive, this lot is in many ways one of the most important in the entire REA auction. It is not only a fascinating modern relic of pop culture with ideal provenance, but is being offered to raise money and awareness for a worthy cause.

ESPN2, which is the offspring of parent network ESPN, was initially developed to appeal to a younger demographic. To target that audience, the network embraced a more informal broadcast style and featured alternative programing, including extreme sporting events and poker. The new channel debuted on October 1, 1993, at 7:30 pm Eastern time, with the premier episode of SportsNight, hosted by Keith Olbermann, Suzy Kolber, and Mitch Albom. SportsNight was the network's equivalent of ESPN's Sportscenter, but with an edgier and more irreverent tone.

Offered here is the famous (or perhaps infamous) brown-leather bomber jacket worn by Keith Olbermann during the debut episode of SportsNight (as well as worn during many additional episodes). While executives thought the SportsNight anchors should be dressed not in suit-and-tie but in more "hip" fashions, that was not why Olbermann wore the jacket.

"Due to an undetected automatic air conditioning/automatic light grid snafu, the studio was so cold that I had been wearing it in rehearsals. The afternoon of the premiere the executive producer saw me in the leather jacket and said 'You should wear that on the air.' I immediately told him that was the greatest idea I had ever heard."

The jacket was also worn during the debut of the 2013 show that marked Olbermann's return to ESPN and ESPN2.

Of special note, the jacket's provenance is impeccable: it has been consigned directly by Keith Olbermann! At the direction of Keith Olbermann, who is hoping this personal keepsake will find a good home and at the same time provide for a good cause, the entire auction proceeds including buyer's premium for this lot is being donated to From The Heart, a last-chance dog shelter in El Paso, which takes in all the dogs (and cats) that are to be euthanized by the other shelters (website: http://www.fthar.org). Robert Edward Auctions [REA] is honored to help spread the word about this great organization.

The winning bidder for this lot will be asked to make the tax-deductible check out directly to "From The Heart." The jacket (size "Large"), manufactured by Avirex Limited, displays light wear. In Excellent condition overall.

Opening bid is $200.00.
End: 4/30/2016 9:00 PM EST

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bid ... emid=40458

Wish I could get in on this one!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

KO just put ANOTHER jacket up for auction!

Postby Marie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:01 pm

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bid ... emid=40459

Bidding on this, as with the jacket above, begins at $200.

LOT DESCRIPTION:

Presented is a red-and-black leather ESPN jacket exclusively made for, and worn by, former ESPN anchorman Keith Olbermann. This is a 1993-94 prototype jacket that is made with lighter leather and may be unique. The black leather jacket, with red accents, features the the "ESPN" logo on both the left breast and reverse. . . . The jacket (size "XXL"), manufactured by Leather Up, displays light wear. In Excellent condition overall.

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”