General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Nice write-up in SBD --
A Year of Keith Olbermann

IN THE 14 Months since Keith Olbermann returned to ESPN, he has angered some of the network’s league partners, like the NFL, with his strong commentaries. For a full year, his show frustratingly bounced around ESPN’s schedule. The producer to whom he originally was assigned, Jamie Horowitz, left for NBC during the summer.

But to the surprise of some, who predicted that Olbermann would wear out his welcome quickly, the on-air host and his ESPN bosses seem happy with his return to cable sports. Last month, ESPN moved Olbermann’s show to anchor its ESPN2 afternoon slot. Since its Sept. 8 debut in the 5 p.m. ET time slot, Olbermann’s 13 shows have averaged 205,000 viewers, which is in line with ESPN2’s afternoon schedule and up 61% from College Football Live, which was in that time slot last year.

-John Ourand, Sports Business Daily, 10-6-2014

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 am

10/23/2014

@ESPNOlbermann - 13,158 Followers

Keith Olbermann Channel - 23,444 Subscribers

:banana :mango :plantain :purple :plantain :mango :banana
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:20 pm

We won't see Keith again until 12/1. :-(

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?s ... 14-2:00-PM

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

KOfan2014

Postby KOfan2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Marie wrote:We won't see Keith again until 12/1. :-(

-Marie-

I thought he'd be taking off for Thanksgiving week again this year. No prerecorded special like he did last year, though, I guess.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:33 am

KOfan2014 wrote:

I thought he'd be taking off for Thanksgiving week again this year. No prerecorded special like he did last year, though, I guess.

Yeah, DH and I were wondering about the special, too. Ppl love when he does vintage hilights, and he doesn't get many current hilights to do at 5 o'clock -- so I would have thought he'd have 2 specials this time, not just one!

Would be cool if he surprised us with a Thanksgiving bonus. Keith, are you listening? :whistle:

-Marie-

KOfan2014

Postby KOfan2014 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Marie wrote:
KOfan2014 wrote:

Yeah, DH and I were wondering about the special, too. Ppl love when he does vintage hilights, and he doesn't get many current hilights to do at 5 o'clock -- so I would have thought he'd have 2 specials this time, not just one!

Would be cool if he surprised us with a Thanksgiving bonus. Keith, are you listening? :whistle:

-Marie-

He hasn't said anything about it that I've seen on his show or Twitter. You'd think if he had anything coming up he'd want to promote it.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 am

KOfan2014 wrote:
Marie wrote:
KOfan2014 wrote:I thought he'd be taking off for Thanksgiving week again this year. No prerecorded special like he did last year, though, I guess.

He hasn't said anything about it that I've seen on his show or Twitter. You'd think if he had anything coming up he'd want to promote it.

He's probably been too busy teaching the dogs Christmas carols to think of it. (Remember -- they can almost talk! :wink: )

Maybe if someone asked him nicely on Twitter... You know he can put those things together at a moment's notice! :-)

-Marie-

KOfan2014

Postby KOfan2014 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Marie wrote:
KOfan2014 wrote:
Marie wrote:Yeah, DH and I were wondering about the special, too. Ppl love when he does vintage hilights, and he doesn't get many current hilights to do at 5 o'clock -- so I would have thought he'd have 2 specials this time, not just one!

He's probably been too busy teaching the dogs Christmas carols to think of it. (Remember -- they can almost talk! :wink: )

Maybe if someone asked him nicely on Twitter... You know he can put those things together at a moment's notice! :-)

-Marie-

I think I saw where someone had asked him last week, but he never answered. He's been almost like a hermit the last few days. He's taken extra time off work with no explanation, & when people ask him if he's having health problems again, he says he's not. Hope he's not having problems with ESPN like he did with Current.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:52 pm

-Marie-

ADD'L INFO --
Per ESPN's online listings, no 6:30 re-air on Monday, but 2am & 5am re-airs still intact:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:53 pm

So now we know what Keith has been doing over his long vacation: working on getting the second season of Bojack in the can! :-)

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 8488614913

Gonna buy a Roku on special tomorrow so I can watch it on my tee-vee!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:36 pm

The 6:30pm re-air won't be restored until Thurs. 12/11. :x Unfair. This leaves only the 2am and 5am re-airs -- or just three opportunities -- to see the show each day, as opposed to all the re-airs of ESPN's other studio shows.

There would be no use in asking Keith why they've got Colin and PTI in that spot for the next week-and-a-half, but I plan to let the network know what I think about this dumb decision.

-Marie-

KOfan2014

Postby KOfan2014 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Marie wrote:The 6:30pm re-air won't be restored until Thurs. 12/11. :x Unfair. This leaves only the 2am and 5am re-airs -- or just three opportunities -- to see the show each day, as opposed to all the re-airs of ESPN's other studio shows.

There would be no use in asking Keith why they've got Colin and PTI in that spot for the next week-and-a-half, but I plan to let the network know what I think about this dumb decision.

-Marie-

Maybe his show's getting better ratings than the others, so they're trying to help them out. I hope it's not b/c his show's ratings aren't good enough for the extra re-air.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:58 pm

KOfan2014 wrote:
Marie wrote:The 6:30pm re-air won't be restored until Thurs. 12/11. :x Unfair. This leaves only the 2am and 5am re-airs -- or just three opportunities -- to see the show each day, as opposed to all the re-airs of ESPN's other studio shows.

Maybe his show's getting better ratings than the others, so they're trying to help them out. . . ..

That's my suspicion. The show continues to win critical acclaim, and they know he has a strong fan base looking for him in that time slot -- so maybe the suits think we can be induced to watch what's been put there instead (not a likelihood IMO; it would just make me mad!).

I suspected the same thing, back when Keith was on at night and they'd shift him to a different channel at the last minute for no apparent reason.

BAIT AND SWITCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE ILLEGAL!!! [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_11.gif]

-Marie-

KOfan2014

Postby KOfan2014 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:09 am

Marie wrote:
KOfan2014 wrote:

Maybe his show's getting better ratings than the others, so they're trying to help them out. . . ..

That's my suspicion. The show continues to win critical acclaim, and they know he has a strong fan base looking for him in that time slot -- so maybe the suits think we can be induced to watch what's been put there instead (not a likelihood IMO; it would just make me mad!).

I suspected the same thing, back when Keith was on at night and they'd shift him to a different channel at the last minute for no apparent reason.

BAIT AND SWITCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE ILLEGAL!!! [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_11.gif]

-Marie-

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing about his PM time slot, & all the times they put SC on instead. I think Colin's OK, & I usually catch the last few minutes of his show while waiting for Keith. I've seen Bob Ley's show a couple of times, too. I've tried PTI, but I'm not too crazy about it.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 am

The ppl I feel sorry for are the ones who told Keith they appreciate the 6:30 show b/c they don't get off work in time to catch the live show. The network should leave the re-air in place FOR THEM. A few of them may be in the market for a Lexus!

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”