General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 pm

The show's Twitter account, @ESPNOlbermann, now has 5,881 followers and their YouTube Channel has 1,187 subscribers! :cheer :ola :cheer

Woo Hoo! :banana :plantain :mango :plantain :banana

Has anybody seen what the ratings for the show have been? :-k
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:The show's Twitter account, @ESPNOlbermann, now has 5,881 followers and their YouTube Channel has 1,187 subscribers! :cheer :ola :cheer

Woo Hoo! :banana :plantain :mango :plantain :banana

Has anybody seen what the ratings for the show have been? :-k

I thought I saw where the viewership was up a bit from this time last year, but the show hasn't really been around long enough to tell where it's going to level off. It may be difficult for hardcore Keith fans to believe... but there are still people who are just now learning about its existence from discussions on Twitter. Folks are just blown away by how powerful his essays are -- and it's still early in the process!

I can't wait to see what the demo and overall viewership looks like 3 weeks from now!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

BTW, I checked TV Guide's listings and here's what they show --

ESPN2 - Mon, Sep 2 11:00 PM (my printed cable guide says he's on tonight, too)
ESPN2 - Tue, Sep 3 11:00 PM
NOT ON WEDNESDAY - how come?
ESPN2 - Thu, Sep 5 12:00 AM

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

NancyB
Spaz

Postby NancyB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Marie wrote:BTW, I checked TV Guide's listings and here's what they show --

-Marie-

my schedule shows it being on wednesday at midnight

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 pm

NancyB wrote:

Hope so!

Btw, Keith has already twice tweeted that there WILL be a show tonight!

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:29 pm

NancyB wrote:

-Marie-

I think the Thursday, Sept. 5, epi is the Wednesday night one. Instead of being on at 11pm, it will be on an hour later. Just a guess, though.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:40 pm

This question concerns Keith's post-season gig with TBS --

Does anyone know what "in-game highlights" are? Keith says that will be one of his duties -- "Pre- and post-game anchor and in-game highlights." I understand the first, but the last term is new to me. It sounds like highlights during the game, but that can't be right-- Image

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 pm

proudliberal wrote:
NancyB wrote:

I think the Thursday, Sept. 5, epi is the Wednesday night one. Instead of being on at 11pm, it will be on an hour later. Just a guess, though.

Now I'm sure that's what it means -- esp. after what we've seen this week so far! :lol:

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 pm

He said what in-game highlights are one night, but I can't say that I remember *precisely* what they are. :lol:

I think it had something to do with the fact that contractually they can't show filmed highlights of games in progress due to TV rights and all, but once the game is finished they can? :-k
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:13 pm

dejapig wrote:He said what in-game highlights are one night, but I can't say that I remember *precisely* what they are. :lol:

I think it had something to do with the fact that contractually they can't show filmed highlights of games in progress due to TV rights and all, but once the game is finished they can? :-k

My husband says it is exactly what I thought it wasn't -- brief highlights of the game so far, during breaks (sidebars re calls, etc.). That explains how they could do it during the game, and they would have to keep it very short.

As to the film/video clip rights, perhaps the network with the contract to show the game also is given limited rights to show brief clips?

Maybe someone could tweet that question to Keith. It's the sort of fact-based query he likes.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 pm

I think I've found the source of Keith's theme. Some had suggested a Gene Krupa solo on one of the versions of "Sing, Sing, Sing," but the recording sounds too modern, plus the style is different from Krupa's. I thought it sounded like an update of the song by a newer band.

I believe I've found it. (What a coup for this group if it is!) You guys decide if this is it, or if I need to keep looking.

Move the slider to 3:10 --

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 am

09/07/13:
@ESPNOlbermann - 6,152 Followers

Keith Olbermann Channel - 1,790 Subscribers

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:02 pm

In the Astronomical Conjunction dept --

Keith has returned to ESPN in the same year that ESPN is celebrating its first appearance on the air (34 years ago today, in fact) -- which also happens to be same year Keith got his first job in prof. journalism (UPI, 1979).

Oh, and Nate Silver, who just joined ESPN, is 34 years old.

To quote William Carlos Williams: These things do not happen without reason. :wink:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Just had to document this:

While the country was celebrating the beginning of football season, Fox News quietly ended its defacto policy of not mentioning Keith by name.
https://twitter.com/johnizonline/status ... 88/photo/1

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Marie wrote:Just had to document this:

While the country was celebrating the beginning of football season, Fox News quietly ended its defacto policy of not mentioning Keith by name.
https://twitter.com/johnizonline/status ... 88/photo/1

-Marie-

Not sure why Faux News had Keith pictured there. Any clue as to why they mentioned him?
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Return to “Keith Olbermann”