Keith's Guest Appearances

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Today's big takeaway: 'I'm coming out of retirement, so...'

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:Cool. 8)

Hot! (this is the way they cropped it!)

Olbermann brings outstanding broadcasting skills and a point of view that is nearly invisible in the mass media landscape.
-Jason Easley, politicususa.com, Fri, Mar 25th, 2016

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Keith's Guest Appearances

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:01 am

Keith also mentioned he was 'Coming Out Of Retirement'... Hhhhmmmm. :-k
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith & Bill Simmons discuss, well, everything, incl. politics

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:44 am

You can get the podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons ... -olbermann

CNNMoney summarizes Keith's intention to return to political commentary:
Keith Olbermann wants a piece of the 2016 campaign
Mar 31, 2016

Keith Olbermann wants a piece of the extraordinary 2016 campaign.

In an interview Wednesday on "The Bill Simmons Podcast," Olbermann repeated his recent pledge to "come out of retirement." He also dropped a hint on where he may land. Saying there has been a "sea change" in news media, Olbermann indicated that a traditional organization might not be the best fit.

"Whereas I've been talking to these original, kind of mainstream, old guard, OG kind of outlets," he said, "I don't know if it's the right place to go."

Still, he suggested he would like his own show once again. He said he wants to make his "opinions known on a regular, perhaps hourly basis somewhere."

Olbermann said he's "been in talks with people about going back into political television" for the last two years. He left ESPN almost nine months ago at the end of his contract after hosting a nightly program there since 2013. The New York Post reported earlier this month that Olbermann's representatives had discussions about a return to MSNBC, where he emerged as a fiery left-of-center voice during George W. Bush's presidency.

Regardless of where he works next, Olbermann told Simmons that he will do "something" between now and the end of the campaign. He expects the general election to be "twice as entertaining" as a primary season that has been dominated by Donald Trump.

"There's plenty of time," Olbermann said. "I don't think there's anything close. ... I'm going to do it one way or another, even if I'm just writing, I'm going to be doing something the rest of the way."

Olbermann has been weighing in lately on the 2016 race. He recently moved out of one of Trump's buildings in Manhattan as a protest against the Republican presidential frontrunner, harkening back to his Bush-era commentaries.

It was Olbermann's second recent major interview, following his appearance last week on "The View." But the Simmons podcast was an unexpected venue, given the public displays of animosity between the two former ESPN personalities.

In 2010, Olbermann said that Simmons had become "the most uncontrollable, unmanageable talent in the history of ESPN," after Simmons had issued a scathing assessment of his rival. "You're my worst case scenario for my career in 12 yrs," Simmons tweeted at Olbermann, "a pious, unlikable blowhard who lives alone." On Wednesday, Simmons likened Olbermann's appearance on the podcast to "raining frogs." Olbermann said he was just as surprised by the setting.

But there were no awkward silences during the hour-long interview. The two men bonded over their rocky tenures at ESPN. And Olbermann was true to form, delivering characteristically long-winded responses on politics, baseball and media. When Simmons asked whether political satire can work in such a polarized environment, Olbermann gave a five-minute response on the futility of "compromise," an answer that included references to the Civil War, the Great Depression and Pearl Harbor.

"We don't have a middle way at this point," Olbermann said. "Nothing that has been tried has been effective."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/31/media/k ... l?iid=Lead

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Keith & Bill Simmons discuss, well, everything, incl. politics

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Re:

Keith says he used to bring Stevie & Rose to work at ESPN.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 2692880384

How did he keep them quiet??? :lol:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith on the Jason Smith Show 4/7/2016

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:20 am

RE Yankees "Dress Up As Dragons" night. :-s

LISTEN HERE:

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/media/play/26888938/

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith on Colbert's Friday Night Fights! 5/13/2016

Postby Marie » Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 pm

A-Rod vs Tom Brady -- guess who Keith picks...

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith talks hockey on Prime Time Sports (Sportsnet, Canada)

Postby Marie » Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 am

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Keith talks hockey on Prime Time Sports (Sportsnet, Canada)

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:54 am

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith joins Chelsea Handler on Netflix at midnight 2nite

Postby Marie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Tweeted just 9 mins ago --
Could @RealDonaldTrump pass a sanity test? Ms. Handler + I conduct one on @ChelseaShow @Netflix at
12:01 AM tonight

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 3979458563

PS, all non-Netflix folks, you can get a FREE 1-MONTH subscription and watch on your desktop or other device!

PPS, you also might be able to see this ep later on YouTube. It looks like they've put other ones up --
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ7hqX ... KpZY-K_6HA

-Marie-

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 am

What it is, Keith? Need any new guests? :wink: 8)
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

jeff9101

Postby jeff9101 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

I did not vote for Trump but I watched your video. We really need you on air, can you get your old job back. We really need ya. Pretty please....

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Welcome, jeff9101! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

ESPN 10:30E 2/2/17, KO on Chris Berman retrospective

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith joins Charlie Rose 2/13/2017

Postby Marie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Just a short while ago --
(video as soon as it becomes available!)

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”