Where Do You Think Keith Olbermann Will Land Next?

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.

Where Do You Think KO Will End Up?

1. ABC
7%
2. CBS
No votes
3. CNN
No votes
4. The MLB Network
4%
5. Back At NBC
7%
6. Back At ESPN
7%
7. He Tosses His Principles Out The Window And Goes To Work At FoxNews
4%
8. Other
56%
9. Decides To Retire Early And Just Write His Baseball Blog
15%

Total votes: 27

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Where Do You Think Keith Olbermann Will Land Next?

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 pm

So, I've set up a poll to see where you think Keith may end up working next :-k ...I voted other. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

I don't think he wants to go back to doing sports =; , but I also don't think he wants to work for the usual News outlets. [-(

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Re: Where Do You Think Keith Olbermann Will Land Next?

Postby RealInfoseek » Thu May 03, 2012 5:39 pm

My guess would be the Disney system. I love them. I grew up with them, who didn't?

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 pm

He might go to Free Speech TV-- or, if he can find someone else to invest in the idea, he could start his own network (and show "Darth Joel" and his former bosses how it's done)! Hey, if Oprah can do it, why not KO? :lol:
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

igotid88

Postby igotid88 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:44 pm

If CNN's numbers keep going down. That could be a good place for him to go.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri May 04, 2012 9:34 am

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would give Olbermann a job anchoring a regular show. I can see him writing an unreadable book or two and being a regular guest on a variety of opinion, news and sports shows. Nobody wants to hire a headache.

Although recent disclosures do suggest he may have a chance at Al Jazzera due to his popularity among the terrorist community.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

amymaya

Postby amymaya » Fri May 04, 2012 7:03 pm

XM Radio.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri May 04, 2012 9:27 pm

amymaya wrote:XM Radio.

Are you Sirius? :wink:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Marie wrote:
amymaya wrote:XM Radio.

Are you Sirius? :wink:

-Marie-

:lol: :lol:
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

NancyB
Spaz

Postby NancyB » Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote: I can see him writing an unreadable book or two

We got Stephanie Meyer for that. :lol:

"Nobody wants to hire a headache." -

Yet there are numerous assholes who still have a job. I'd list it but I work tomorrow so, google "assholes who still have work" and you might be covered.

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 am

I don't really have a clue. He's always traded on his wit. But can that work in interviews (like Bill Maher)? Where perhaps HBO might brand a weekly. Or PBS? Maybe his wake of fallings out might force him to radically depart. W/e he does I hope he doesn't just react to the right's stupidity for a living by doing Countdown again. There are ways I can think of to bring the war to them--although they aren't funny in theory. Controversy sells though. I don't see much on commercial TV with sponsors selling fast food and toothpaste changing the world though. Passe.

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Sun May 06, 2012 8:32 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:I don't think that anyone in their right mind would give Olbermann a job anchoring a regular show. I can see him writing an unreadable book or two and being a regular guest on a variety of opinion, news and sports shows. Nobody wants to hire a headache.

Although recent disclosures do suggest he may have a chance at Al Jazzera due to his popularity among the terrorist community.

About that unreadable book, :idea: you would have to know how to read, first.

I voted "other." I have no idea.

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 pm

I voted "other" too.

Linda

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I think wherever he ends up, he'll want to have control over the content of his show. Alot of major news networks might not want to go along with that, because of possible backlash from advertisers everytime KO says anything even remotely controversial (like that would ever happen! :grin: ).

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 am

proudliberal wrote:I think wherever he ends up, he'll want to have control over the content of his show. Alot of major news networks might not want to go along with that, because of possible backlash from advertisers everytime KO says anything even remotely controversial (like that would ever happen! :grin: ).

You're dreaming he'll never get another show.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:
proudliberal wrote:I think wherever he ends up, he'll want to have control over the content of his show. Alot of major news networks might not want to go along with that, because of possible backlash from advertisers everytime KO says anything even remotely controversial (like that would ever happen! :grin: ).

You're dreaming he'll never get another show.

Thank you Debbie Downer.

Let the record show that every time this has been predicted, he gets a show along with a higher salary.

Also I think that, if you turn out to be wrong, you should have to pay a penalty as a deterrence to making such cavalier predictions.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Keith Olbermann”