A Countdown To 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann'

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

A Countdown To 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann'

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 am

And we are all just waiting for it to get to ZERO. :wink:

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html ... 0is%20BACK!

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: A Countdown To 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann'

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 am

LOL, love it!!!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 am

June 20 is a long time away. Damn my foolish optimism, I should've gone along with the crowd saying he was going to stretch the "late spring" thing to absurdity. At least we have a solid date now.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 am

keithaddict wrote:June 20 is a long time away. Damn my foolish optimism, I should've gone along with the crowd saying he was going to stretch the "late spring" thing to absurdity. At least we have a solid date now.

I'm intrigued by who his production team -- "the finest staff, on-air and off" -- might be composed of. Will we recognize any of the names? Was he perhaps waiting for some folks' contracts to be up at MSN? I wish he had identified a few.....

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 am

Can't say i'm surprised by the June 20th date. If it was going to be in May we would have seen the red carpet rolling out by now. There's still been no promotion for the show except by Keith himself.

I'm surprised by the continuation of "Countdown" only in the sense that I assumed it was trademarked to MSNBC. But I did predict the principle that he wanted to assure viewers that there was continuity, and it's the same show, same time, just change the channel.

I do hope it's a different show for the better, and he hints at that. Since he will be the only live news show on Current, there's no excuse for having any corners cut in production quality. I hope he has a better set than the one he had for the 2008-2011 period on Countdown MSNBC. One where it doesn't look like he's in a corner and can't get out from behind the desk.

I wonder if he'll be able to carry over the Beethoven theme. And I also hope that even though it is called Countdown, he still won't have to stick with the countdown format. On shows in which he doesn't do special comments, some of the episodes lose interest after he's covered the most newsworthy stories in the first two segments, and then the rest of the show is devoted to political strategy, media matters duty (debunking Beck, Palin, etc.), and sometimes celebrity fluff. I do hope one of the key differences in his move to Current is that it'll be less of the horse race political talk, and more reporting.

GeminiDogg

my Perspective

Postby GeminiDogg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm

It's becoming more clear of why Keith left MSNBC. In his video, KO said it's all about editorial independence and content from the big corporate behmoths like GE and Comcast. The reason KO is considered difficult is because he doesn't like to taking orders from ANYONE including Phil Griffin. During his dust up with Griffin and the NBC bosses over the policy of making political contributions, KO knew his days at MSNBC were numbered. My sources said there were behind the scene intense negotiations between him and NBC to get out of his contract before they settled it.

Now Keith has not only his own show, but he turning Current TV into a news organization by hiring the best and brightest in the business.

Don't be suprised if Rachel, Ed and O'Donnell will be lured to Current TV. This is going to get interesting. :lol:
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Would it be possible to put the countdown timer in our forum header? I noticed it has an embedding feature for all kinds if formats.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Michael wrote:It would fit on the web page easily enough. I would have to do a modification to the forum to embed it, and that sounds like work... I have retired from active Keith Olbermann fan status. :lol: I will put it on the web page though.

I agree; no use going through all that. I was hoping they'd coded it to be popped right in, no muss no fuss.

-Marie-

Sub-Level28
Certified Fan

Postby Sub-Level28 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm

The Main reason he can keep the name is that Countdown can't be trademarked nor copyrighted.

Or you couldn't have countdown sites, or the new years even countdown. A countdown is a countdown and the word itself has no trademark value as a standalone word.

And the With Keith Olbermann part most certainly isn't trademarkable or copyrightable by anyone but Keith himself.
"Go forth and spread beauty and light" Keith's sign off August 12th '09

Twitter @SubLevel28

Used with permisssion by ReasonVsFear

Keen4Keith

Postby Keen4Keith » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

It's great!

Return to “Keith Olbermann”