"BASEBALL NERD" & KO-related BASEBALL material

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Re: MLB 10/18 Game 6 Pregame Show airs 8pm Eastern on TBS

Postby IrishEyes » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 pm

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:WACHA WACHA WACHA! (And Beltran) NL winners.

When do we find out who they'll be playing?

-Marie-

I'm not sure. I guess Keith and the guys will tell us what's going on with that.

Game six between Detroit and Boston tonight, whoever wins the best of seven will play the Cards.

IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Postby IrishEyes » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Marie wrote:5th inning, 6-0, cards' favor.

There'll be no living with them now.

-Marie-
Hmmm... Big Cardinals fan here. Half the payroll of the Dodgers and they still won. I actually wished the game would have been more competitive, you want to beat a team at their best and not at their worst. In the end the Cardinals played better and were better managed.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Marie wrote:5th inning, 6-0, cards' favor.

There'll be no living with them now.

Hmmm... Big Cardinals fan here. Half the payroll of the Dodgers and they still won. I actually wished the game would have been more competitive, you want to beat a team at their best and not at their worst. In the end the Cardinals played better and were better managed.

That comment was a reference to earlier comments re the fans who were at the game and the ones who were tweeting Keith obnoxiously accusing him of pro-Dodgers bias. Keith observed they acted worse when they won, and you know he likes people to be gracious when they're winning. So that explains what I meant when I said 9-to-0, there'd be no living with them now.

I don't attribute any of the fans' attitude to the players, btw. They are good ambassadors for St. Louis.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:49 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:When do we find out who they'll be playing?

I'm not sure. I guess Keith and the guys will tell us what's going on with that.

Game six between Detroit and Boston tonight, whoever wins the best of seven will play the Cards.

I get it -- so it may be decided tonight, unless there's a tie. Then there will be a game 7. Thanks!

Now I need to find out how the World Series itself works -- whether they play on successive days, or whether they get days off in between.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Annlindgk

Postby Annlindgk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Now I need to find out how the World Series itself works -- whether they play on successive days, or whether they get days off in between.

It works the same way that the playoffs did--the first two games in one city, then a travel day, then three games (if they need that many) in the other city. If they have to go beyond five games, there's another travel day, then back to the first city for the remaining one or two.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Annlindgk wrote:

It works the same way that the playoffs did--the first two games in one city, then a travel day, then three games (if they need that many) in the other city. If they have to go beyond five games, there's another travel day, then back to the first city for the remaining one or two.

Thank you very much!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Keith is now back home and he has one thing to say about the past 3 wks --
So you know what's nice? Watching a playoff game and not having to calculate how soon you'll be doing the post game. #OtherWayIsNiceToo

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 am

It's decided: World Series will be Boston vs St. Louis.

Game 1 Wednesday October 23.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: "BASEBALL NERD" & KO-related BASEBALL material

Postby Marie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Tweeted to Keith about an hour ago:
Great, now can't so much as see Saltalamacchia on screen without mentally hearing 'DON'T SELL YOUR HAIR TO A WIG SHOP'. Thx Keith Olbermann.

:lol:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Uh oh, bad news for the Cards and one of Pedro's "daddies" --

STORY: http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013/st ... ves-game-1

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:00 pm

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I love some of the responses, especially to the last tweet! :lol:

Wonder if Fox Sports 1 is doing so bad that they're trying to generate interest by putting the game on Faux News instead. Maybe trying to win over some of Keith's conservative viewers? :-k
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 pm

proudliberal wrote:

I love some of the responses, especially to the last tweet! :lol: . . .

A lot of good ones! I esp. liked, "So what are they doing with plays run to the left?" :wink:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm

proudliberal wrote:Wonder if Fox Sports 1 is doing so bad that they're trying to generate interest by putting the game on Faux News instead. Maybe trying to win over some of Keith's conservative viewers? :-k

I thought it must have to do with the WS game running over, but I haven't checked.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Ha!-- did you see this one? --
https://twitter.com/FanaticBlue/status/ ... 2921627648

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”