"BASEBALL NERD" & KO-related BASEBALL material

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: MLB 10/18 Game 6 Pregame Show airs 8pm Eastern on TBS

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Meanwhile, Keith is still trying to convince disgruntled Cardinals fans that he's not rooting for either team. Notes that he lives in Manhattan!

Someone put it nicely tonight: "Red and Blue always think Purple is for the other side." Keith is essentially purple, and partisans project on him.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Marie wrote:Meanwhile, Keith is still trying to convince disgruntled Cardinals fans that he's not rooting for either team. Notes that he lives in Manhattan!

Someone put it nicely tonight: "Red and Blue always think Purple is for the other side." Keith is essentially purple, and partisans project on him.

-Marie-

Exactly. I think that has a lot to do with why he doesn't vote (which I think he should). He wants to remain entirely independent, and it's hard to do that when you pull the lever for someone.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Well, it's over for the Dodgers, big time: 9-0! I feel bad for them, but at least Keith will get to go home and get some rest before returning to work on Olbermann on Monday night (though I will miss his baseball coverage).
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:48 pm

WACHA WACHA WACHA! (And Beltran) NL winners.

When do we find out who they'll be playing?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Marie wrote:WACHA WACHA WACHA! (And Beltran) NL winners.

When do we find out who they'll be playing?

-Marie-

I'm not sure. I guess Keith and the guys will tell us what's going on with that.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Just tonight, shouldn't the postgame be "brought to you by Johnny WACHA"? :wink:

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Marie wrote:Just tonight, shouldn't the postgame be "brought to you by Johnny WACHA"? :wink:

-Marie-

Good one! :lol:

BTW, this is the last chance to get more close-ups of Keith, and I haven't seen any! TBS, you're failing me! :wink:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Just the closeup of Old School Keith and his mustache. nom nom nom.

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 pm

And now Pac-Olbermann eats his co-hosts! Oh, the humanity! :LMAO :LMAO

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

That was great -- they cooked it up in the back and even HE didn't know it was coming! :lol:

I'm sure they'll post that!

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 pm

I hope they have him back again next year, along with the rest of the guys (including The Garfoose). It was so much fun this year, and I'm sure the ratings were great!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah, me too. Good chemistry all around!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:46 am

Big ups on the show from Joe Scarborough (3rd MSNBCer in a month to reach out to KO) --
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/391422717221949441

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:08 am

Here's the last Pac-Olber-Mann for the year. :-(

Pac-Olber-Mann / Dodgers Edition 10/18:

I think Keith HATED it :evil: , but I thought it was cute and funny. :happy
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:57 am

Slfriend79 wrote:I think Keith HATED it :evil: , but I thought it was cute and funny. :happy

I think he was momentarily blindsided. The other guys seemed to love it, tho!

WACHA WACHA WACHA!!!

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”