"BASEBALL NERD" & KO-related BASEBALL material

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

"BASEBALL NERD" & KO-related BASEBALL material

Postby Marie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 am

NOTE: I'll be changing the subject line from time to time, to keep up with Keith's baseball-related activities. Everything else on the thread stays the same. :-)

Kicking this thread off with a blast from the past --

It's a very shaky video but the audio is wonderfully clear and may put you in mind
of a piece Keith did on Moonlight Graham a while back --

Keith's related interview with the actor who plays Mathewson (talking about Fred Merkle)
here.

And now, continuing his lifelong love of the game, Keith and MLBlogs present:
BASEBALL NERD!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 60 times in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: KO ca 1988 KTLA report on baseball player one-man show

Postby Marie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 pm

This space for sale or rent.

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 am

Looks like the 'Wing Nuts' can't give it a rest. :roll:

Here is part of todays post. :wink:

Keith Olbermann wrote:POLITICS-FREE

Thanks to all for the comments and the welcomes and the flaming go-to-Hades. This blog is about baseball and not politics; I won't touch the latter here unless it unavoidably pertains to something between the foul lines, so write all you want about left-versus-right - I hope you find it entertaining to yourself, I won't be reading it. As elsewhere here, abuse won't be tolerated and the fine folks at MLB.Com will ultimately decide if we have to start approving comments. Doesn't matter to me; I come here under the banner of the greater good: Baseball.

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/

=D> =D> =D> =D>
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:57 am

Bless his heart! Baseball has always been the one corner of the world where he's completely happy.

The turkeys will never get him down: he's heard worse about the umpire many times!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:28 pm

So this just appeared -- our Keith has been busy with a lot of projects this year! And once again, all you had to do was mention that he wrote the foreword to a book for the flying monkeys to be unleashed. (The co-authors are probably sitting there reading the comments and thinking, "Hey, remember us? What are we, potted plants? What the hell is going on here???")

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you --

Baseball Prospectus 2009!

Yeah, really, it's really a baseball book!

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Keith posted some great pics of the new Yankee stadium :grin: ...He even caught himself on the 'Jumbo Tron'. :wink:

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archi ... anyon.html
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:55 pm

It looks like he's taking a pic of himself taking pics of the stadium, LOL. :grin:

That was fun. Thanks, SL!

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am

KO just posted some more pics :grin: , including another one of him on the 'Jumbo Tron'. :wink:

Looks like someone else took this one :-k , KO is sitting in the 'Dug Out' with Lou Piniella and some other guy. :?

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archi ... toria.html

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Another keeper!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:15 am

His new blog userpic --

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:10 am

KT shows she's an all-day sucker for Keith. :-)
(With fellow fantasy baseball enthusiast Jason Bateman. Note Jay Leno sitting a couple rows back.)

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 am

Marie wrote:KT shows she's an all-day sucker for Keith. :-)
(With fellow fantasy baseball enthusiast Jason Bateman. Note Jay Leno sitting a couple rows back.)

-Marie-

How Cute. PDT_Love_15

And I don't think that's Jay back there, the chin doesn't look big enough. :-k

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:KT shows she's an all-day sucker for Keith. :-)

-Marie-

How Cute. PDT_Love_15

Could be because he's looking down... :-k
"...this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past."
-Keith Olbermann

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:How Cute. PDT_Love_15

I always look at the other people in a Keith photo to see how they're reacting, and when I spotted that guy I thought he was just someone who looked like Jay. But then I saw what Keith wrote:

"Until [Jason] saw the shot, he had no idea we had spent the afternoon sitting in front of Jay Leno."

I wonder who took the pic. They did a nice job.

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabzinic

Postby Sabzinic » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm

PDT_Love_14 He so handsome in those pics!

Return to “Keith Olbermann”