Keith guests on 'Pardon the Interruption' 3/2 & 3/3/2018

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Keith guests on 'Pardon the Interruption' 3/2 & 3/3/2018

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm

By popular demand, I might add. :wink:
Keith Olbermann’s newest small step back to ESPN
By Andrew Marchand
nypost.com
2/23/2018

Keith Olbermann’s slow dance toward an ESPN return will take another step when he hosts Pardon The Interruption with Tony Kornheiser next Thursday and Friday. Olbermann confirmed the PTI appearances after being contacted by the Post.

At this point there is no full-time return plan for Olbermann at ESPN but for a little more than a year he has had an increased workload. He has made SportsCenter and Outside The Lines appearances and is also scheduled to do some radio spots. . . .

Could there be more? It does seem increasingly possible. To borrow a catchphrase, “It's day to day -- but aren’t we all?”

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/keith-olb ... k-to-espn/

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Keith guests on 'Pardon the Interruption' 3/2 & 3/3/2018

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 pm

This has touched off other speculations, plus at least one modest proposal from Kyle Koster at The Big Lead --
A Humble, Nostalgia-Driven Proposal to Fix 6pm SportsCenter
By Kyle Koster
The Big Lead
2/23/2018

KEITH OLBERMANN will co-host Pardon the Interruption with Tony Kornheiser next Thursday and Friday, the New York Post’s Andrew Marchand reports.

Olbermann, who has two stints at ESPN under his belt, continues to pop up every now and again — be it on SportsCenter or Outside the Lines. At this point there’s no plan in place for a full-time return. That wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world, though, especially as the network grapples with the difficult 6 p.m. problem.

A free idea that may be laughed out of the big offices in Bristol? Turn that hour into SportsCenter retro.

Turn back the clock by rotating in a stable of talent from the halcyon days. Mix and match Olbermann with current ESPNers Linda Cohn, Mike Greenberg, and Trey Wingo. Rent Rich Eisen and Dan Patrick for a few celebrity appearances per year. See if Craig Kilborn will answer the phone. Work Bill Pidto and Mike Tirico into the mix.

The list of people who could potentially dabble goes on and on: Chris Berman, Jack Edwards, Charley Steiner, Robin Roberts, Kenny Mayne, John Anderson, Bob Ley, Steve Levy, Rece Davis, Chris Fowler, Karl Ravech, Greg Gumbel, Brian Kenny, Pam Ward, Tim Brando, Suzy Kolber, Hannah Storm, John Buccigross, Neil Everett, Stan Verrett, Gary Miller.

Get the biggest brain on campus to work on figuring out the schedule and lining up workable dates. Do news and highlights, preview that night’s game — but also make it a celebration of days past. Show archival footage. Have fun. Embrace the memories both old and new.

There are enough blasts from the past to make an earnest nostalgia play. Obviously, there are some barriers to clear to make it a reality but considering the tough obstacle of gaining traction, isn’t it worth trying?

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/23/sports ... olbermann/

If you're asking me, the answer is YES!!!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Alex Putterman at Awful Announcing adds this interesting tidbit:
Awful Announcing has been told that Olbermann has turned down offers in both sports and political television out of a preference for remaining in New York City.

After warning us last month not to read into his appearance on ESPN, Olbermann wrote that, “All of human history divides evenly into times I’m WORKING for ESPN and times I’m GOING TO BE working soon for ESPN.”

It seems we have officially returned to the “working for ESPN” side.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/keith-o ... -espn.html

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:11 pm

=D> Keith on teevee for my birthday!

ON EDIT: Hey, somebody said the same thing on Twitter! https://twitter.com/CharlesCavender/sta ... 1297948678

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Yay! Keith is back on the Mother ship for the whole show!!!

Tony (with photo of a bichon frise doggy visible behind his left shoulder) opens with a well-known catchphrase:

"Welcome to the end of our careers!"

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 am

Last edited by Marie on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Day two!

"PTI Psychic Hotline"

TWEET: https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 5234014208

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”