Elizabeth Warren and Unrigging the System

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
AaronCT

Elizabeth Warren and Unrigging the System

Postby AaronCT » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:02 pm

“The pre-distribution agenda... actually has a simple core message. It is not about rigging the system to benefit the poor and the middle class, but about unrigging it from benefiting the wealthy and the powerful. It is about shaping markets to allocate returns from economic activity more fairly in the first place rather than trying to correct inequities after the fact.”

Exactly! It’s why I’ve been a fan of Warren for years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/opin ... hQ_AffgxBU
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Elizabeth Warren and Unrigging the System

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm

AaronCT wrote:“The pre-distribution agenda... actually has a simple core message. It is not about rigging the system to benefit the poor and the middle class, but about unrigging it from benefiting the wealthy and the powerful. It is about shaping markets to allocate returns from economic activity more fairly in the first place rather than trying to correct inequities after the fact.”

Exactly! It’s why I’ve been a fan of Warren for years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/opin ... hQ_AffgxBU

Best of all, her live presentation has always been excellent!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Politics”