President Trump

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: President Trump

Postby Marie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Ivanka could do a dead-on impression of Britney Spears if she ever gets the chance on SNL!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Also, I looked at the stats and "Burke" is all wet (as is most of the media narrative). This was not a Trump wave. He actually is going to wind up with less votes than what were cast for Romney or Bush. Voter turnout overall was down dramatically to pre-Obama levels, and in a tragedy of a voting system that values brush and fields over population density, Hillary will wind up with the widest popular vote disparity to the electoral college ever, and second in total votes cast only to Obama. That's why Drumpf is greeted with the worst protests of an election result in American history (just like he wanted for another election four years ago...)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:07 am

dnkoa wrote:Also, I looked at the stats and "Burke" is all wet (as is most of the media narrative). This was not a Trump wave. He actually is going to wind up with less votes than what were cast for Romney or Bush. Voter turnout overall was down dramatically to pre-Obama levels, and in a tragedy of a voting system that values brush and fields over population density, Hillary will wind up with the widest popular vote disparity to the electoral college ever, and second in total votes cast only to Obama. That's why Drumpf is greeted with the worst protests of an election result in American history (just like he wanted for another election four years ago...)

At least he was right about one thing: The election was rigged. It was obvious the country wanted President Hillary Clinton, as did the rest of the world (with the exception of Russia).

She would have been magnificent.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Trump transition nightmare

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Chris Christie's now persona non grata around the old homestead, Mike Rogers has fallen victim to the Trump family's "Stalinesque purge," Michael Flynn is too recently retired from the military to serve as defense secy, and Ben Carson says in effect, What am I, crazy?-- I don't have enough experience to head up HHS! (The presidency, sure, but not HHS!)

This transition is making the Marx Brothers look like the Kirov ballet. And speaking of Russia --

(Remember: the operative part of Rasputin is Putin!)

-Marie-

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Marie wrote:Chris Christie's now persona non grata around the old homestead, Mike Rogers has fallen victim to the Trump family's "Stalinesque purge," Michael Flynn is too recently retired from the military to serve as defense secy, and Ben Carson says in effect, What am I, crazy?-- I don't have enough experience to head up HHS! (The presidency, sure, but not HHS!)

This transition is making the Marx Brothers look like the Kirov ballet. And speaking of Russia --

-Marie-

I guess one must laugh instead of cry, but the Russian meddling is the most important consequences of the election. Don's nuts now belong to Putin. New World Order indeed.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Marie wrote:Chris Christie's now persona non grata around the old homestead, Mike Rogers has fallen victim to the Trump family's "Stalinesque purge," Michael Flynn is too recently retired from the military to serve as defense secy, and Ben Carson says in effect, What am I, crazy?-- I don't have enough experience to head up HHS! (The presidency, sure, but not HHS!)

-Marie-

I guess one must laugh instead of cry, but the Russian meddling is the most important consequences of this cycle. Don's nuts now belong to Putin, the true winner of the election. New World Order indeed.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Trump transition nightmare

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 am

dnkoa wrote:
Marie wrote: Chris Christie's now persona non grata around the old homestead, Mike Rogers has fallen victim to the Trump family's "Stalinesque purge," Michael Flynn is too recently retired from the military to serve as defense secy, and Ben Carson says in effect, What am I, crazy?-- I don't have enough experience to head up HHS! (The presidency, sure, but not HHS!)

I guess one must laugh instead of cry, but the Russian meddling is the most important consequences of this cycle. Don's nuts now belong to Putin, the true winner of the election. New World Order indeed.

Bannon calls himself a Leninist.

(Your post was so nice, it posted twice!)

-Marie-

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Oh the absolute joy in reading and listening to the lamentations of those who refuse to acknowledge things have changed.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:29 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:Oh the absolute joy in reading and listening to the lamentations of those who refuse to acknowledge things have changed.

Yeah, b/c you know liberals won't let it all fall apart. Grownups will still be taking care of everything.

How many times have we gotten your reactionary asses out of a jam already?

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:35 pm

Besides, during the weeks and months Trump is struggling to staff up, the existing departments will continue to function.

Thank God for our much-maligned government employees!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

What's wrong with this picture? (the first of many)

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Take Your Daughter to Work Day, presidential edition.

(The Prime Minister was probably wondering when Ivanka would serve tea.)

Poor Ivanka's 35; you know -- check-out time.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Other than that, Mr. Pence, how was the play?

Postby Marie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:26 am

Mike Pence went to the theater last night and had a negative experience.

Hey, you wanna call yourselves the party of Lincoln.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

If you're depressed or confused right now...

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Consider this advice from historian and political scientist Howard Zinn:
TO BE HOPEFUL in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something; if we remember those times and places -- and there are so many -- where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.

So don't stop thinking about tomorrow and how you can rescue it from ppl who are screwing it up now!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Other than that, Mr. Pence, how was the play?

Postby Marie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 am

RE: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxyQUoHWEAAYpma.jpg

When I saw "Golden Boy" in Broadway, back in the '60s, star Sammy Davis Jr. came back out on stage after the performance to express his thoughts about the wave of extreme racial unrest that was making its way across the country. The audience responded with approval and Davis' comments were not regarded as inappropriate, since this was an issue which was already on everyone's mind and people were searching for a way to understand it.

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”