Second presidental debate 10/9/2016 @9pm Eastern

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

Second presidental debate 10/9/2016 @9pm Eastern

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:43 am

Will Trump show?

If he does, some folks have suggested Secy Clinton shouldn't shake his hand; you don't know where it's been. [-(

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Second presidental debate 10/9/2016 @9pm Eastern

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 pm

My prediction: this is a family oriented town hall forum. The candidate who conducts himself or herself in Victorian fashion will win. (And I don't mean late Victorian -- I mean mid-Victorian!)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:12 pm

At 7:45 Trump arrays 3 Bill Clinton accusers and 1 Hillary accuser in a press availability. No questions from the media that I could see, just brief comments from each woman, and thanks for coming.

This is without a doubt Giuliani and Bannon's doing; Trump doesn't have the smarts to put this all together. What motivates the women most likely involves misguided patriotism. As to their statements, with the exception of Jones, who brought a civil case, all these old allegations were thoroughly investigated by TWO independent counsels during Bill Clinton's second term and found to have been without merit. They weren't ignored, they just didn't have the goods, and in this country we convict people on the evidence, not the preponderance of accusations.

If I were the University, I'd cancel tonight's event. I wouldn't want my institution identified with this scurrilous mess. In fact, cancellation of the event might be Trump's goal, when all is said and done. He knew he couldn't prevail in the town hall.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:58 pm

Sheshootsshescores!!! Trump's complicity in illegal Chinese steel dumping -- reported only today by Kurt Eichenwald -- picked up on immediately by Hillary! =D> =D> =D>

No flies in the Clinton campaign, they miss nothing!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:01 pm

BTW, I counted 72 pronounced Trumpsniffs in 90 mins. Every time he lied or was under pressure. It's his "tell."

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:49 am

A lot of people described Trumps behavior tonight as stalkery. I just thought he was trying to upstage her. But looking at these stills, it is kinda creepy...

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:54 am

When he wasn't standing behind her, he spent the rest of the time wandering around on stage aimlessly. I wasn't sure if this was a strategy to distract the audience from what she was talking about, or whether he just couldn't sit still. Image

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:00 am

I don't like that penguin outfit HRC was wearing -- stolen from Ruth Bader Ginsberg's closet? Hillary's not a Supreme Court justice yet. (Must wait until 2025 for that! :-)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:10 am

Why did Trump make a sour remark when Hillary complimented his kids? :?

Anyway, he's right when he says she's determined and doesn't give up. I hope tonight taught him that once and for all.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 am

Another Q: A rubber match is a tie breaker; so when Matthews asked Kellyanne if there would be a rubber match, which of the first two debates was he implying Trump had won? :-s

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:45 am

From Nate Silver fivethirtyeight -- number and type of interruptions during the debate:

And btw,
Trump got more time to speak than Clinton — and still complained to the moderators
Trump accused the moderators of working against him. The numbers don’t back him up.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... ebate-time

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:28 pm

And then there's THIS. What is THIS??????

Man sexually assaults chair.....
https://vine.co/v/5gL7ELgniLe

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:44 pm

This segment of tonight's "All In With Chris Hayes" is important. It explains how Trump's behavior towards Hillary Clinton -- esp. at last night's debate -- has been perceived by a great many women, ensuring that he will never be president.

With guest Rebecca Traister
http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/at-de ... m_tw_allin

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:39 am

Marie wrote:Why did Trump make a sour remark when Hillary complimented his kids? :?

Anyway, he's right when he says she's determined and doesn't give up. I hope tonight taught him that once and for all.

-Marie-

I said the same thing about Hillary complimenting his kids, and my friend had a brilliant response. The narcissist in him didn't like it because it wasn't a direct compliment about HIM, but was instead complimenting his kids! :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:37 am

dejapig wrote:
Marie wrote:Why did Trump make a sour remark when Hillary complimented his kids? :?

I said the same thing about Hillary complimenting his kids, and my friend had a brilliant response. The narcissist in him didn't like it because it wasn't a direct compliment about HIM, but was instead complimenting his kids! :lol:

If that's the reason he was mad, then maybe he does recognize diplomacy when he hears it! :-D

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”