The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Postby dejapig » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:29 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:She did not say "working-class white men.", well then who is she talking about? Is she including black folks in those categories? Or Latinos? Or single women? Or LTBTQs? Or Muslims( The newest addition to the Democrat victim portfolio)? Those comments are aimed squarely at white working class men.

BTW how am I supposed to defend "those traits"?


You're overthinking and overcomplicating a simple statement to make it fit your narrative. She called out Trump supporters who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic as "deplorable." If any Trump supporter -- including black, Latino, single women (and I'm not sure why you focus on "single" women), LTBTQ (did you mean LGBTQ?), Muslim (an Islamophobic Muslim would be unusual) or your downtrodden and beleaguered white working-class men -- self identifies as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic, then she is labeling them deplorable.

That's it. A simple "if this, then that" statement. If you are x, y, or z, you are deplorable. To disagree with her statement, you will have to defend those x/y/z traits. Again, we'll wait... :-s
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re:

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 am

dejapig wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:She did not say "working-class white men.", well then who is she talking about? Is she including black folks in those categories? Or Latinos? Or single women? Or LTBTQs? Or Muslims( The newest addition to the Democrat victim portfolio)? Those comments are aimed squarely at white working class men.

BTW how am I supposed to defend "those traits"?

You're overthinking and overcomplicating a simple statement to make it fit your narrative. She called out Trump supporters who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic as "deplorable." If any Trump supporter -- including black, Latino, single women (and I'm not sure why you focus on "single" women), LTBTQ (did you mean LGBTQ?), Muslim (an Islamophobic Muslim would be unusual) or your downtrodden and beleaguered white working-class men -- self identifies as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic, then she is labeling them deplorable.

That's it. A simple "if this, then that" statement. If you are x, y, or z, you are deplorable. To disagree with her statement, you will have to defend those x/y/z traits. Again, we'll wait... :-s

Also, it's pretty funny to witness Drumpf's consternation over this one self-evident statement on Hillary's part by a bully who prides himself on his "political incorrectness."

Just as I thought -- they HATE COMPETITION! :grin:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re:

Postby BrooklynBilly » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 am

dejapig wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:She did not say "working-class white men.", well then who is she talking about? Is she including black folks in those categories? Or Latinos? Or single women? Or LTBTQs? Or Muslims( The newest addition to the Democrat victim portfolio)? Those comments are aimed squarely at white working class men.

BTW how am I supposed to defend "those traits"?


You're overthinking and overcomplicating a simple statement to make it fit your narrative. She called out Trump supporters who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic as "deplorable." If any Trump supporter -- including black, Latino, single women (and I'm not sure why you focus on "single" women), LTBTQ (did you mean LGBTQ?), Muslim (an Islamophobic Muslim would be unusual) or your downtrodden and beleaguered white working-class men -- self identifies as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic, then she is labeling them deplorable.

That's it. A simple "if this, then that" statement. If you are x, y, or z, you are deplorable. To disagree with her statement, you will have to defend those x/y/z traits. Again, we'll wait... :-s


Clinton asserted that HALF of Trump's supporters were racist, etc. She said this before an LGBTQ audience who love to revel in their victim status, she was throwing them some red meat while expressing her contempt for working class white people.
BTW I find your post to be undecipherable.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Drumpf bigots 'deplorable,' asserts Clinton

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:49 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:BTW I find your post to be undecipherable.

Billy opens his eyes very wide and says, "But I don't understaaaaaaaaand!" :roll:

(But, curiously, still has the presence of mind to remove "The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome" from the subject line!!! :lol: )

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:00 am

And speaking of Clinton Derangement Syndrome, this morning on Scarborough's train wreck of a broadcast, a newsperson -- once again failing to realize that THE MEDIA CHOOSE WHICH STORIES TO COVER -- actually blamed Hillary for changing the story yesterday from 9/11 to her illness.

Naturally this newsperson's accusation went unchallenged by the rest of the panel.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Re: Re:

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:32 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:Clinton asserted that HALF of Trump's supporters were racist, etc. She said this before an LGBTQ audience who love to revel in their victim status, she was throwing them some red meat while expressing her contempt for working class white people.
BTW I find your post to be undecipherable.


Asserting that HALF of Trump's supporters are racist, etc. is truly a conservative estimate. :lol: But again, there is no stated contempt for working-class white people, unless they self identify as racist, etc. You've inferred things from her comments that aren't actually there except in your butt-hurt narrative against Clinton.

I spelled out my response in the simplest terms possible -- if this, then that. If you can't follow that, then I can't help you. Not that you want to be "helped"... :roll:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Re: Drumpf bigots 'deplorable,' asserts Clinton

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am

Marie wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:BTW I find your post to be undecipherable.

Billy opens his eyes very wide and says, "But I don't understaaaaaaaaand!" :roll:

(But, curiously, still has the presence of mind to remove "The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome" from the subject line!!! :lol: )

-Marie-

I think the removal of the subject line was my doing. I inadvertently deleted it in my reply, didn't bother to replace it, then it continues as blank in further replies. :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Drumpf bigots 'deplorable,' asserts Clinton

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm

dejapig wrote:
Marie wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:BTW I find your post to be undecipherable.

Billy opens his eyes very wide and says, "But I don't understaaaaaaaaand!" :roll:

(But, curiously, still has the presence of mind to remove "The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome" from the subject line!!! :lol: )

-Marie-

I think the removal of the subject line was my doing. I inadvertently deleted it in my reply, didn't bother to replace it, then it continues as blank in further replies. :lol:

Well, I humbly beg Billy's pardon. But only for that!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:36 pm

BTW, Billy -- about this:
BrooklynBilly wrote:Image


Clinton is sixty-nine.

Kellyanne is FOURTY-NINE.

Image

Image

The lady really should take better care of herself. She looks kinda worn-out. [-(

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
SusieQ
Site Admin
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby SusieQ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Good one, Marie. :lol:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt


Image

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:12 am

SusieQ wrote:Good one, Marie. :lol:

Nice to see you back on the board, Susie!

I can't understand why they keep harping on Hillary's appearance. Nobody cared what JFK looked like when he was smack in the middle of a missile crisis.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Drumpf bigots 'deplorable,' asserts Clinton

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:15 am

Looks like Drumpf has his own "50%" comment to explain -- and his isn't based on FACT, the way Hillary's is.

Trump caught saying 50% of Americans are lazy do-nothings


And how many has he said are, not deplorable, but deportable?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby BrooklynBilly » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Image
PHILADELPHIA, PA – SEPTEMBER 19: Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is helped up stairs after delivering a millennial speech at Temple University on September 19, 2016 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Hillary Clinton is campaigning in Pennslyvania. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: The Return of Clinton Derangement Syndrome

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:32 am

^ Courtesy, Billy.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31858
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Kellyanne labeled Trump supporters "nasty"- all of 'em!

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:03 pm

dejapig wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:Clinton asserted that HALF of Trump's supporters were racist, etc. She said this before an LGBTQ audience who love to revel in their victim status, she was throwing them some red meat while expressing her contempt for working class white people. . .

Asserting that HALF of Trump's supporters are racist, etc. is truly a conservative estimate. :lol: But again, there is no stated contempt for working-class white people, unless they self identify as racist, etc. You've inferred things from her comments that aren't actually there except in your butt-hurt narrative against Clinton.

I spelled out my response in the simplest terms possible -- if this, then that. If you can't follow that, then I can't help you. Not that you want to be "helped"... :roll:

NEWSFLASH: Kellyanne in Iowa (before she became DJT's campaign manager) declared Trump supporters "nasty"; she didn't even divide them into groups -- just laid that generalization on the whole mob!

To hear her say it, jump to minute 26 --
https://soundcloud.com/johngambling/11- ... -kellyanne

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests