"I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
1WILD1

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby 1WILD1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:22 pm

dejapig wrote:Half the country voted for Romney. I don't think there's anything wrong with Obama talking to the candidate that roughly half the country voted for, even though Romney wanted to blow off 47% of us. To say that talking implies weakness sounds like the Republicans who believe that invading Iran is better than talking and negotiating with them. Obama just won the last election of his political career; he has no need to curry favor from a fickle electorate. He's returning to his original ideal of 2008 taking good ideas wherever they come from, no matter the party. I like that.

Nicely said Dejapig. =D>

That is what makes President Obama so endearing to me, he represents the PEOPLE not just special interests. Look at what he has accomplished with Obstructionist Republicans voting no on every single piece of legislation presented to them.
I honestly think the republican party went into survival mode in 2008 when they were ran over by the Democrat machine, in 2010 when they gained some seats back they continued with an agenda they thought would be successful and they were woefully wrong as evidenced by Tuesday's vote. If republicans don't change their political stance they will become obsolete in 2016 when (fingers crossed) Hillary Clinton chooses to run. If they were shocked by the minority/women vote this election then 2016 will absolutely blow their minds. The smartest political move republicans can make is to offer solutions to our nations problems instead of obstructing ideas they know would be beneficial to all.

SusieQ, please don't ban Billy. I know he can be annoying at times but I do like to see the viewpoint from the other side and he is very engaged in this forum. That being said, Billy, please respect the position of the President of the United States regardless if you agree with the person in charge or not. I would give Romney that respect had he won the position. It is truly the toughest position in the entire world and the entire country needs to respect that position.

Thank you everybody for participating in this forum, it has been very educational to me over the years.

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Moj wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:Maybe it's possible that Obama, who has never spent as much as a nanosecond in the private sector, may learn something, although I doubt he has the capacity.

Paul Ryan *snicker*

No way, that has to be Obama.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that Reagan runs from terrorists and sells weapons to Iran. Icy and I wont stand for your truths!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 pm

ArmoredGhost wrote:With this hint of Romney being offered a cabinet position is completely insane, IMHO. . . .

Wait-- who mentioned a cabinet position? I didn't see anything like that. What did I miss????

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Moj wrote:
Moj wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:Maybe it's possible that Obama, who has never spent as much as a nanosecond in the private sector, may learn something, although I doubt he has the capacity.

Paul Ryan *snicker*

No way, that has to be Obama.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that Reagan runs from terrorists and sells weapons to Iran. Icy and I wont stand for your truths!

Thats weird, i quoted the wrong post in the wrong thread, god damned tablet.

ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan

Postby ArmoredGhost » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Marie wrote:
ArmoredGhost wrote:With this hint of Romney being offered a cabinet position is completely insane, IMHO. . . .

Wait-- who mentioned a cabinet position? I didn't see anything like that. What did I miss????

-Marie-

Obama would be crazy to do this with Mittens. Nothing is in stone, of course. I think that before cabinet changes take place, Obama and his team want to see what the fiscal cliff does. Time will tell.

http://bostonherald.com/news/columnists ... hrewd_move

Cabinet role for Mitt Romney would be a shrewd move
By Joe Battenfeld
Thursday, November 8, 2012

Speculation about a possible job offer to Romney began building immediately after Obama pledged in his victory speech to meet with Romney in the coming weeks and “talk about where we can work together to move this country forward.”

In the campaign, Obama proposed creating a new secretary of business Cabinet post and that could be a perfect fit for Romney, though the GOP nominee ridiculed the idea at the time.

Romney’s name also has surfaced as a possible secretary of commerce. Putting the successful venture capitalist in the Cabinet could go a long way toward convincing Republicans that Obama is serious about working with them in Congress.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-playe ... 56968.html
Will Obama invite Romney to join Cabinet? And other lingering election questions

By George Stephanopoulos | Power Players – Thu, Nov 8, 2012

Cindy Beers wanted to know if Obama would offer Governor Romney a cabinet post.
------- Oh, the INSANITY!! -------

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Good grief -- that cardboard cutout? That aging Ken doll? That exemplar of the proverbial Empty Suit? :-s

I don't want anyone in government who doesn't know who he is or what he wants to do. Why keep recycling the same old hacks? There are far too many able people waiting patiently in the wings for a chance to make a meaningful contribution.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Obama might be thinking of talking to Romney as head of the Republican Party. It could be that he's trying to see if Romney can get the GOP members of Congress to work with him, though I doubt that will work.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm

If Obama makes overtures to Romney, it could be filed under the heading: Dear GOP--reach across the aisle, be willing to compromise, or just STFU! :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... f=politics

After those crappy remarks, it's clear Romney has no respect for the President and is following in Sen. McSourpuss's path as a sore loser. So, why should Obama waste his time? :!:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

keen4keith wrote:http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/romney-blames-loss-on-obamas-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/?ref=politics

After those crappy remarks, it's clear Romney has no respect for the President and is following in Sen. McSourpuss's path as a sore loser. So, why should Obama waste his time? :!:

Of course that's how I felt about it from the beginning b/c I know Republicans are sore losers and talking to Mitt like a human being would be a big waste of time.

But this is good, since it shows the Republican's true attitude (similar to his 47% remark), thus giving the president a perfect excuse for revoking that kindly-offered olive branch he had held out to the Mittster on election night.

-Marie-

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 am

Yeah, even on Election Night I was thinking the Prez was letting his good intentions get the better of him. Why help the opportunist rebuild his image as some sort of technocratic wiz when we just went through an election making the case that it wasn't so? The man is strictly in it for himself and has no intention of cooperating on something like Romneycare unless there's something in it for him.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I reckon Obama may be rethinking the "talking" with Romney part, especially afterward Mittster opened his big mouth again.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Thomas Roberts asked for Tweets or comments on his FaceBook today as to whether Romney should be "disinvited". I got my tweet in early but it's not too late. @thomasaroberts

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm

RareBird wrote:Thomas Roberts asked for Tweets or comments on his FaceBook today as to whether Romney should be "disinvited". I got my tweet in early but it's not too late. @thomasaroberts

Gonna check that out! I like TR.

-Marie-

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm

When Bobby Jindal criticises something Romney said, you know it had to be bad!~ :lol:

Return to “Politics”