"I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
User avatar
ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 pm

"I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby ArmoredGhost » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:35 pm

During President Obama's gracious speech last night, he said something that has me a little perturbed. He looks forward to working with Mittens in a few weeks. I'm sorry, but Mittens isn't in Congress ... the House nor the Senate and he's certainly not in any cabinet positions in the Obama Administration. I don't even consider Mittens as one with any viable piece of information that would benefit us, because if he had any, then I would have considered voting for him. President Obama ..... please focus on working with those in Congress and not this goofy twit who lies with every other breath in his body. Other than this one whacky piece of a statement by you last night, I enjoyed your words, Mr President.



http://www.breakingnews.com/item/ahZzfm ... sitting-do
President Obama: 'In the weeks ahead I also look forward to sitting down with Gov. Romney'
Nov. 7, 2012, 6:43 a.m. GMT by editor
Image
------- Oh, the INSANITY!! -------

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31916
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: I also look forward to sitting down with

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 pm

That was the only line in the speech that I didn't go for -- that, and I think he said he would discuss add'l cuts to avoid the fiscal cliff. He's going to have a lot of progressives pulling him back from that temptation.

Obama's win was a clear mandate for liberal solutions. Naturally you never want to ignore dissenting voices, but the president needs to get used to the idea that a majority of the American people APPROVE of the government taking an active role in solving the country's problems -- a point of view common to BOTH parties until the New Right experiment commenced just a quarter of a century ago. (I know it seems like forever if you were born after 1975, but honest, people, THIS R-W PHILOSOPHY HAS BEEN A HUGE HISTORICAL ABERRATION for this nation.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby RareBird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

I was screaming "NOOOOOO" at the TV when I heard that. And it didn't dawn on me yet that Romney is not in office. I just saw it as Obama going back to his old ways and not believing what he should know by now in no uncertain terms--he can not win favor with the right. So FUCK THEM. God damn it Mr. President, You're not god. You're a man. Millions of your countrymen HATE YOU and talk about you with contempt and won't change even if it means cutting their own throats (figuratively). Tens of thousand of others stood on lines for uncounted hours because they need you as their champion from the haters, the heartless, the sociopathic. What on Earth do you mean "sitting down" and repeating caving to them again. SHOW THEM WHO IS FUCKING BOSS and knock off the chicken shit.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby BrooklynBilly » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Maybe it's possible that Obama, who has never spent as much as a nanosecond in the private sector, may learn something, although I doubt he has the capacity.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31916
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:Maybe it's possible that Obama, who has never spent as much as a nanosecond in the private sector, may learn something, although I doubt he has the capacity.

If you mean the cutthroat tactics of the marketplace, Billy, I don't think that's in his nature.

Fortunately we dodged that bullet with the help of the electorate last night!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
SusieQ
Site Admin
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby SusieQ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I am telling you billy, if you don't stop insulting the president on this site, I will zap you out of here. You can complain about the job he is doing all freaking day, but calling him names or insulting his character is not going to be acceptable anymore. Do that with your rethug pals please.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt


Image

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby BrooklynBilly » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm

SusieQ wrote:I am telling you billy, if you don't stop insulting the president on this site, I will zap you out of here. You can complain about the job he is doing all freaking day, but calling him names or insulting his character is not going to be acceptable anymore. Do that with your rethug pals please.



Oh please spare me, you and your pals get to say anything you want about Romney and anybody else you dislike yet Obama is somehow off limits to a dissenting voice. Well face facts Obama has never had a real job in the private sector, he ascended to the presidency with the skimpiest resume of any president ever, he's an articulate fraud.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Moj
Greater Troll
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby Moj » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:Maybe it's possible that Obama, who has never spent as much as a nanosecond in the private sector, may learn something, although I doubt he has the capacity.


Paul Ryan *snicker*

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31916
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby Marie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:30 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:Obama has never had a real job in the private sector, he ascended to the presidency with the skimpiest resume of any president ever, he's an articulate fraud.

1) Susie is a mod and can make what she says stick, so watch it.

2) All Dubya had in his resume when he was selected president was his MBA (his only business experiences were failures), and President Dead or Alive went on to destroy the surplus Clinton left him and doubled the debt with unfunded wars, unfunded tax cuts for his rich buddies and unfunded govt programs.

The continuing growth of the debt under Obama is the interest on the debt Dubya left us.

Everybody knows, Billy.

NOBODY FOOLED.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
SusieQ
Site Admin
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby SusieQ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:
SusieQ wrote:I am telling you billy, if you don't stop insulting the president on this site, I will zap you out of here. You can complain about the job he is doing all freaking day, but calling him names or insulting his character is not going to be acceptable anymore. Do that with your rethug pals please.



Oh please spare me, you and your pals get to say anything you want about Romney and anybody else you dislike yet Obama is somehow off limits to a dissenting voice. Well face facts Obama has never had a real job in the private sector, he ascended to the presidency with the skimpiest resume of any president ever, he's an articulate fraud.


I think you forget this is a liberal forum. Yes, we can talk about Romney all we want and ask that you not insult the president, otherwise, you can go somewhere else to do that. A liberal can not go on a conservative forum and get the same respect we have given you and other right wing trolls through the years, billy. I remember back when the big kahuna would ban you just about every other day, yet you kept coming back. I just don't get why.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt


Image

User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby dejapig » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 am

Half the country voted for Romney. I don't think there's anything wrong with Obama talking to the candidate that roughly half the country voted for, even though Romney wanted to blow off 47% of us. To say that talking implies weakness sounds like the Republicans who believe that invading Iran is better than talking and negotiating with them. Obama just won the last election of his political career; he has no need to curry favor from a fickle electorate. He's returning to his original ideal of 2008 taking good ideas wherever they come from, no matter the party. I like that.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 am

SusieQ wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:
SusieQ wrote:I am telling you billy, if you don't stop insulting the president on this site, I will zap you out of here. You can complain about the job he is doing all freaking day, but calling him names or insulting his character is not going to be acceptable anymore. Do that with your rethug pals please.



Oh please spare me, you and your pals get to say anything you want about Romney and anybody else you dislike yet Obama is somehow off limits to a dissenting voice. Well face facts Obama has never had a real job in the private sector, he ascended to the presidency with the skimpiest resume of any president ever, he's an articulate fraud.


I think you forget this is a liberal forum. Yes, we can talk about Romney all we want and ask that you not insult the president, otherwise, you can go somewhere else to do that. A liberal can not go on a conservative forum and get the same respect we have given you and other right wing trolls through the years, billy. I remember back when the big kahuna would ban you just about every other day, yet you kept coming back. I just don't get why.


I have never been banned from this forum.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby dejapig » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 am

Challenge accepted! :grin:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

keen4keith
Certified Fan
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby keen4keith » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Susie, it's my opinion we should let him stick around. He only makes himself look foolish.

As for the title of the thread, I agree.... WHY?? He did the same thing with McCain and look where it got him?

User avatar
ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: "I also look forward to sitting down with Gov Romney"

Postby ArmoredGhost » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm

With this hint of Romney being offered a cabinet position is completely insane, IMHO. What on earth can Romney offer?? He's a failure just like Goober Bush was/is. Both of their paper tiger success stories are backed by big money that first came from family .... and then the family's corp friends who has/have hurt America more than helped her. Bringing Romney aboard only brings in more rabid rodents looking to take big bites out of the little folks. I'm still shocked that Prez Obama even thot that he needed to go there in his speech the other night. Wish the man luck. Wish him a very happy life counting all of his hidden $$$billions.... but Mr President, don't look squarely into the ppl's faces, you know ..... the ones who fought with everything that they had in order to keep the goofy idiot from stealing the election from you, and then tell them that you're looking forward to sitting down with the pos!!!!! Don't even think about placing him in your cabinet!!! Don't make him an adviser about anything!!! Don't you dare!!! [-( [-X Hell... if you need somebody to figure out some math for ya, bring somebody like Nate Silver aboard. There's plenty of other choices ... better choices. Keep this in mind, the goofy ass slimmed you to your face sometimes and many times behind your back ..... every chance he got during this crappy ass election!! He looked down on you. He doesn't believe in you. Chris Christie now does, but not Goofy Romney.
Image
------- Oh, the INSANITY!! -------


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests