So...those tax cuts...

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Lithium

So...those tax cuts...

Postby Lithium » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 am

...we had to extend...they really "created" jobs, didn't they? 8 Months and the Unemployment rate has only gone up. Between that, and the fact that the unemployment rate doubled from 2001-2008, kind of ruins that theory...

RareBird
Certified Fan

Re: So...those tax cuts...

Postby RareBird » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 am

Yeah, and how conveniently the repukes keep reminding everyone the Obama ran up the deficit. He did it by "giving them their money" (by way of China).

JackieD1983

Postby JackieD1983 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 am

I have absolutely no faith that the Bush tax cuts will be allowed to expire next year.

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 am

Even if they are I'm sure President Romney will institute new tax cuts for the wealthy anyway.
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

JackieD1983

Postby JackieD1983 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 am

AaronCT wrote:Even if they are I'm sure President Romney will institute new tax cuts for the wealthy anyway.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Don't say stuff like that! I'm already depressed about living my young adult life in this fuckery. :x

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 am

Michael wrote:Bill Maher says the Republican race will come down to a slug fest between Rick Perry and Mitt Romney, and that Perry WILL play the "true christian" card on Romney -- Mormons are like Islam -- Jesus is respected by both, but not the major player for either. Islam is about the divinely inspired teachings of Mohammed and Mormons are about the divinely inspired teachings of Joseph Smith.

I had the misfortune once a long time ago to be surrounded by Evangelicals, Baptists and Mormons. The Evangelicals totally distrusted the Mormons so much so that a group of young people i was friendly with took it upon themselves to show me a video documentary bashing the Mormon faith... But then on the same hand other side, these same Evangelicals disliked the Baptists just because...

Mormonism is not understood in this country and that's because of their insular behavior, right now the case against Warren Jeffs is heating up he's decided to defend himself in his child molestation case along with bigamy thrown in. Mormons are always associated with bigamy and that will be used against Romney.
Just sayin....

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 am

I don't think Jeffs can be held up as a Mormon icon any more than Bin Laden is (or was) for Islam. Sad for those religions that the bad actors get all the press, and thus frame the discourse for the good Mormons and Muslims.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 am

dejapig wrote:I don't think Jeffs can be held up as a Mormon icon any more than Bin Laden is (or was) for Islam. Sad for those religions that the bad actors get all the press, and thus frame the discourse for the good Mormons and Muslims.

No you are right Jeffs was a perverted dog! And the parents that went along with him and giving him they're little girls should be punished also.

But all the same it's bad publicity for a religion that wants to be taken seriously on the National stage.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 am

Giant Sucking Sound

The phrase, coined during the 1992 U.S. presidential campaign, referred to the sound of U.S. jobs heading south for Mexico should the proposed free-trade agreement go into effect.

Every time I hear the word NAFTA I think of the Giant Sucking Sound...

Karl

Postby Karl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

Philbert wrote:
dejapig wrote:I don't think Jeffs can be held up as a Mormon icon any more than Bin Laden is (or was) for Islam. Sad for those religions that the bad actors get all the press, and thus frame the discourse for the good Mormons and Muslims.

Jeffs isn't actually LDS. He's part of a radical offshoot. Personally I think even the mainstream Mormons are weird but then again, I think Presbyterians are all nuts too...

:lol:

By what measure would you decide how crazy a religion is?

Magic underwear, aliens nuking people in volcanoes 75 million years ago, and creationism might be good places to start. But most of them use their hands as some sort of interdimensional communication device.

Return to “Politics”