Republican response to the SOTU

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

Republican response to the SOTU

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm

SportsCenter reference 30 seconds in!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Republican response to the SOTU

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

When the new gov of Virginia mourned the loss of jobs during the past year, was he referring to the corporations that went under?-- after all, corporations are people too! :cry:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 am

I don't like our new governor. I hope he does well, since what he decides affects the people of Virginia, but I don't like his viewpoints, not only on politics, but on life in general.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:40 am

It's interesting that Obama's call for repeal of DADT seems to have generated no controversy.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:It's interesting that Obama's call for repeal of DADT seems to have generated no controversy.
"Interesting" is a weasel word, a noncommital word.

"Here's an interesting article . . .", you often begin.

Why not say what you really think about it, Billy?

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 am

I think it's FABULOUS that repeal of DADT isn't generating any controversy. It's about damn time that we get it done already! =D>
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am

Marie wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:It's interesting that Obama's call for repeal of DADT seems to have generated no controversy.

-Marie-

Why don't you just kiss my ass Marie.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:
Marie wrote:

-Marie-
Why don't you just kiss my ass Marie.
Because I'm particular about who and what I kiss. Thanks for asking.

Now answer the question.

-Marie-

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

boblud wrote:hahahahahahaha...Did any of you Fox news haters hear what MSNBC'S Chrissy Mattwews said...hahahahaha....of course you did. All within a week
the 3 clowns, Olby"s apology, hole in the head ED (" I'd cheat to keep those bastards out") and now Chrissy"s " forgot he was black '. hahahaha..
unreal, and all the 8 bloggers can spew on this site is the hatred and stupidity that FOX NEWS spreads...hahahahaha. Are you sure your on the right
station. No wonder they get thumped in ratings. Looks like another apology nite for Chrissy and MSNBC. Wow your a doctor, lawyer, engineer, cpa,
scientist, professor,ceo,govenor,senator,president ?, I can't believe your black. hahahahahaha, I love it. Gotta check out Beck tonite, even if
you don't like him, he'll be hilarious with this.

Umm boblud.....

At least MSNBC personalities know to apologize if they are wrong. In other words they have CLASS.

As for you buddies on Fixed Noise...did Billo D. Klown apologize for wanting to waterboard Nancy Pelosi yet? I don't think so.

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

boblud wrote:Yeah right Rich, they know how to apologize, " I forgot sexist ". It took a left wing comedian to sit keith up straight and look at
what a buffoon he's become. Hahahahaha, MSNBC, THE CLOWN NETWORK.

Okay boblud...what part of Keith's statement about Scott Brown is false and show me the examples. Keith even said "Prove me wrong". (Let's face it he DID pose nude for Cosmo).

Also, Jon Stewart was poking fun at Keith for being over the top. Not for falsely accusing Scott Brown on anything. Keith's response was NOT an apology to Scott Brown but an agreement to Jon that he was a little over the top and moved on.

IMO Keith was more dramatic that week on the SCOTUS decision than Scott Brown's election to the Senate.

Finally when did anyone from MSNBC wish to do harm to an elected official?

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Uh boblud...you haven't answered my question.

When did an MSNBC personality wished harm to an elected official?

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh BTW speaking of the McDonnell rebuttal it looks like it was heavily underwritten by Wall Street http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/2 ... 40566.html . Oh what a surprise.

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm

boblud wrote:Get a clue, rich.

Oh I see you WANT Nancy Pelosi to be waterboarded (whatever).

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Okay I thought I was actually having a mature discussion but you being very immature proves that right wingers don't have an intelligent thing to say. Oh well.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:38 pm

boblud wrote:Pelozi can't be waterboarded....witches float.

I realize that's your lame attempt at humor, bob, but one is not actually submerged for waterboarding and thus could not "float." :roll:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Return to “Politics”