President Obama's accomplishments so far

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
SusieQ
Site Admin

Re: President Obama's accomplishments so far

Postby SusieQ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 pm

President Obama signed the bill repealing the militarys 'don't ask, don't tell' policy today. =D>
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:12 pm

The Senate approves START, the nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia, a top priority for the Obama administration.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 am

Yes! I am finally awarded the honor of making the announcement, and what an announcement it is!

"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Talking about that birth certificate.........how cool is it that the Obama camp has sent out copies to their supporters?? I got mine in the mail a few weeks back and now can carry it around and shove it in anyones face who dares to question it. Haven't done that yet, but I might. :grin:
-John Kenneth Galbraith

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

SoCalGitmoAl
Lesser Troll

Postby SoCalGitmoAl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am

SusieQ wrote:Talking about that birth certificate.........how cool is it that the Obama camp has sent out copies to their supporters?? I got mine in the mail a few weeks back and now can carry it around and shove it in anyones face who dares to question it. Haven't done that yet, but I might. :grin:

Shouldn't that be "...will shove it in anyone's" since the action of "shoving it" hasn't occurred yet ? :grin:

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:59 am

No, she already said "now can..." which would make "will" an unnecessary addition.

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Obama took some heat for his support of the Libyan rebels but they got their guy.

"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 am

AaronCT wrote:Obama took some heat for his support of the Libyan rebels but they got their guy.

And he hasn't gotten much credit, as many people have noted. With our troops spread so thin it was valid to question the purpose at the outset (in a clip at the beginning of this video from CNNs "Reliable Sources," we hear Keith, still a couple of months away from the show on Current, doing just that). But once Libya was liberated from the mad tyrant, Obama's decision to take part in protecting the rebels should have been vindicated.

Par for the course in the CNN discussion, we must endure Beck's representative from the Blaze criticizing NBC's widening the definition of the mission to include eliminating Khaddafy in a side-by-side comparison with the operation in Iraq in order to give the president credit for effecting regime change better than Bush. But Dana Milbank's reply to her was my favorite moment in the program: "Under-promising and over-delivering," he says, "isn't usually a problem." :-) And he goes on to compare, appropriately, RW skepticism and subsequent refusal to credit Clinton in regard to the success of the mission in Bosnia.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:59 pm

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/opinion/sunday/Kristof-President-As-Pinata.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=nicholas%20kristof&st=cse

Nicholas Kristof was on MSNBC this morning - good article IMHO.

Marie, love your post above!

Linda

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

scifibird wrote:Marie, love your post above!

Linda

Thanks! I found that poster among the tweets of someone who was tweeting Keith about something or other. Do you ever follow people who are following someone you like? It's really interesting!

-Marie-

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

Bring the boys (and girls) back home!

U.S. War in Iraq Declared Officially Over

BAGHDAD — The United States military officially declared an end to its mission in Iraq on Thursday...

In a fortified concrete courtyard at the airport in Baghdad, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta thanked the more than one million American service members who have served in Iraq for “the remarkable progress” made over the past nine years but acknowledged the severe challenges that face the struggling democracy.

“Let me be clear: Iraq will be tested in the days ahead — by terrorism, and by those who would seek to divide, by economic and social issues, by the demands of democracy itself,” Mr. Panetta said. “Challenges remain, but the U.S. will be there to stand by the Iraqi people as they navigate those challenges to build a stronger and more prosperous nation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/world ... emony.html
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Showing my ignorance, Michael; is this good or bad?? :?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Michael wrote:Today, President Obama killed SOPA - keeping the internet free.

YAY!!! =D>

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”