Veterans Affairs nom strikes out

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
Marie
Certified Fan

Veterans Affairs nom strikes out

Postby Marie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Ironically, Ronnie Jackson was never vetted.

SENATORS HAVE POSTPONED their confirmation hearings for Rear Adm. Ronny L. Jackson, President Donald Trump’s nominee to head the Department of Veterans Affairs, after concerns arose over the White House doctor’s qualifications and allegations regarding his conduct.

Sens. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) and Jon Tester (D-Mont.) announced the delay Tuesday morning, after the Washington Post and other outlets reported Monday that the postponement was forthcoming. They didn’t specify when the hearing will take place.

Sources told CBS News and the New York Times that Tester and his staff are looking into allegations that Jackson created “a hostile work environment,” including “excessive drinking on the job” and “improperly dispensing meds.”

READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ro ... 502a4eb706

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Veterans Affairs nom strikes out

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 am

What gets me is that this guy has been working in the White House since 2006. Why has none of this stuff come out until now? :?
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Postby RealInfoseek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 am

Slfriend79 wrote:What gets me is that this guy has been working in the White House since 2006. Why has none of this stuff come out until now? :?

You don't think WH appreciates a Candyman?

I's talk'n bout the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwq1znXy5wk

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm always struck by how much damage is done to these nominees after being touched by the Trump administration. Jackson could have passed his years happily as the WH doctor, but now, after the latest revelations, he may wind up losing not only his job but his medical license.

I wouldn't go near Trump if I had any concern for my future!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Postby RealInfoseek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Marie,

Everybody knows Trumppet is radioactive. How about Candyman's WH supporters, some might be Dems.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 pm

This isn't a partisan issue. Both Republicans and Dems want and need government to work. Only anarchists like Steve Bannon delight in Trump's incompetence and increasing madness.

Jackson isn't the only casualty; the agency he was selected to head is in acute need of good leadership.

-Marie-

RealInfoseek
Lesser Troll

Postby RealInfoseek » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:49 pm

I know, everybody likes candies.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 am

He's done as WH physician now, too. Score another brilliant accomplishment by Donald Trump. [-(

Ronny Jackson won’t return to old job as Trump’s physician
By Eliana Johnson
Politico
4/29/2018

WHITE HOUSE PHYSICIAN Ronny Jackson will not return to his role as the president’s personal physician, according to two senior administration officials, after a string of allegations caused the Navy rear admiral to withdraw his nomination last week to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Sean Conley, a Navy officer who took over Jackson’s role as the president’s personal doctor last month, will continue in the role, the officials said.

MORE: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... tor-559529

-Marie-

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”